Team Raleigh 853 cross bike

hi, do you have any idea what the frame weight / overall weight is? i'm guessing this is built up heavier than an 853 road machine?

Hi gover_1
I don't have any kit to weigh it with but to be honest it's not heavy - I have a carbon roadbike that's about 17/18lbs and this feels just a few lbs heavier - I'd say maybe 21lbs or so. It's got nice lightweight kit on it so that keeps the weight down....

Waiting on the sale of two other bikes to give me wiggle room with the boss so I hope it doesn't go before mine have created space!

I already know the answer but will ask anyway: is there any drilling for mudguards on the back of front fork? — I can see there's no eyelets anywhere, bike was not designed to take them. But anyway, what do you say of it used as a tourer?

No drillings for mudguards or racks I'm afraid - the only extra braze ons it has are for one set of bottle bosses....it's a lovely bike but not really best suited to touring...I've used it on the road a fair bit and it's a very nice ride, plus I've fitted clip on road guards, but a rack just wouldn't be doable if that was what you were after.....

Back