Courier help - highlands & islands

Ideal, thanks. I use myhermes a lot for collection (75 miles to the nearest drop off!) but always through parcel2go. Parcel2go count it as H & I but the myhermes website doesn't. Thanks folks :D

highlandsflyer":653zelkn said:
Glad you got a result. This will help when I buy something from you! :)

Indeed :D Never cease to be amazed by the help and advice on this forum compared to others I've been on.

I'm of the opinion most courier companies and the good old Post Office consider everything north of Glasgow/Edinburgh to be fairly close to Jupiter :evil:

Hearing a few good reports about myhermes recently though :D

The good old Post Office don't differentiate, so regardless of their higher charges they are not in the boat of automatically charging us extra.

Mr Panda":30h3ybwi said:
Hearing a few good reports about myherpes recently though :D

Not from me, my god are they crap. Yup they may be brilliant to have stuff collected by but to have stuff delivered by them is a nightmare!

They try to deliver three times before returning the item. There is no place you can go and collect from and they left me no contact number to arrange a convenient delivery or at least make sure I would be in all day that they next chose to deliver. They deliver on entirely random days. Two of my three attempted deliveries were on the same day within a couple of hours of each other.

If there's any danger that no one will be in when they try to deliver, don't ever have anything delivered by Myherpes.

highlandsflyer":25g3ommo said:
The good old Post Office don't differentiate, so regardless of their higher charges they are not in the boat of automatically charging us extra.

Pricewise no - but their delivery times go to pot. Even posting from here I'm told by the local PO that they won't honour their 48hour service

This amused me today - cut and pasted from an ebay ad:

Postage: Does not post to Scottish Highlands | See details

Item location:
ShenZhen, China

Post to:
Worldwide See exclusions

So the item (a £2.50 chain tool) comes half way round the world but won't enter some PA or IV postcodes :LOL:

Back