*** X-LITE STEM CAP NEEDED *** FOUND !!!

velofrog

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
anyone with an x-lite stem cap for sale?
have an L186 stem and would like the top cap/plug to complete!
silver if possible but not critical!
cheers!

Re: *** X-LITE STEM CAP NEEDED ***

I've got a blue one in vgc, inc recessed bolt and rubber washer.

If the stem you have is the one with the holes in, I've got one on my current build and I had to file the top cap down to allow it to fit. Nothing is visible once done, and I guess its possible your stem might allow the cap to drop right in.

If you fancy a blue one - £10 posted is what I recall paying for it - bought it to see if the other one I had was a different size, turns out not.

hi,
this is the stem i want it for
happy to take it off you if it's a match! :D
cheers!

That is the stem I have, so with a bit of effort, you can get it to fit. Thinking things through logically, the cap fits in the stem fine, it just doesn't fit inside the steerer tube of the fork. I ended up filing mine down so it would, but perhaps it doesn't need to fit inside the steerer due to the clamp arrangement of the stem, and maybe designed to sit on top, as mt spare also has a rubber bumper. I may have to ask around.

ha! that rings a bell!!
many years ago i had a red one and red top cap, and i remember doing exactly the same and filing it down!!
i don't have forks sorted yet so may experiment once i do!
my plan is to have the stem and top cap anodised 3DV (or as close as) to match 3DV hyperlite bars i have, should look interesting!
PM me your paypal address and i will send you over a tenner!
:D

I suppose it can't hurt being clamped fully to the steerer tube in full, perhaps a better, more secure fit with less chance of flex/play and cracking?

Back