How do people store their multiple bikes?

matt24777

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've just freed up the garage by selling a car, Now I want to store my bikes in the garage.

What I don't want to do is just pile them in there and scratch them. (yes I am a bit precious :oops: )

How do you all store your bikes? Photos if you have em.

You could hang them, or buy wheel stands.

I'm a little tight for space, so some are hung, some are leant 2 or 3 deep against the shed wall with blankets in between to prevent scratching, and 2 round me Ma's.

Mine are a mixture of wall hung and stacked in any space I can find.

Moving to a house with a garage very soon, will be nice to have a proper place to store them.

Will probably get some more of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MESE:IT, rest will be on standard wall hangers.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hung by the wheels, By far the neatest and easiest solution I've found.

BikeStorage.jpg

The normal (large) plastic coated screw in hooks work ok, but these look better (I haven't tried them though!)

Amazon hook LINK

I like the wall mounted workstand, but it's kinda pricey, I may just go for the Cheap plastic hooks for the time being and hang them by the rear wheels.....

I have a large wooden batten fixed to the wall and have plastic coated hooks (Halfords £5.99 a pair) screwed in a 12" centres.

You need to screw the hooks in at an angle towards the floor, that makes it easier to feed the wheels onto them.

I've posted pictures a few times in the past, a quick search for 'bike storage' will find them.

These have been on the forum before,but I have just bought a wheel stand from Maplin (search for N36JL).This costs £6.00 and does the job fine.

Attachments

• cannondale.jpg
    cannondale.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 670
Yes, pedals and front wheel off means they stay upright and can be stacked 'top and tail' next to each other with the front wheels in between.
An occasional bit of pipe lagging can be used to protect any vulnerable bits of paintwork etc.

This is my loft at the moment which is currently storing about half of my collection.

loft1.jpg

loft2.jpg

loft3.jpg

loft4.jpg

I also have most of my spare parts and other bikes in either my workshop or in an old disused church building I use for storage.
There's also always at least two bikes in the hallway and/or kitchen at any given time, plus another one or two in my van.

If you can count how many bikes there are in those pictures then you are doing better than me.

Back