new baby 1997 yeti lawwill 4

healthclinic11

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
well this came to my hands on Thursday and to be honest I wasn't sure I had don't the right thing :? never had a yeti but so glad I did don't know if its just me but in a strange way the bike just feels safe ?

really dirty and hard to see how good or not good she would clean up so I spent 2 days striping/cleaning/tcutting/polishing and rebuilding her and I have to say I was really happy at the outcome

got a few plans for her get a rear rim to match front .new bars stem and seat.also looking to get rid of the tyres for some panaracer fire ones with the red rim so trade possible ;) ;)

any way take a look guys see what ya think and any input would be great :cool:

Attachments

• retrobike.JPG
    retrobike.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 1,586
  • 00.JPG
    00.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 1,586
  • 55.JPG
    55.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,586
  • 66.JPG
    66.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 1,586
  • retro.JPG
    retro.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,586
  • 233.JPG
    233.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,586
Impressive! If that was covered in muck you did a pretty smick clean up job. Doesn't look like it's had much use. Nice purchase.

Buzzsaw":2sxdgxi8 said:
Impressive! If that was covered in muck you did a pretty smick clean up job. Doesn't look like it's had much use. Nice purchase.
I think the lack of cleaning and built up dirt and oil had preserved it. from a distance it looked ok b4 on the main tubes etc but chain cassette and all the nooks and crannies were just oily grime ohh the wonder of tcut :)

Well done, She is a beauty! I agree with healthclinic11, when I find old rides covered in oil and grease and dirt, they shine up real nice.

is a beauty :cool: in good shape !!

need a correct fork and other components to match end of 90s and will be perfect

I know from experience that sometimes it's more important to put the damn thing together. Parts will come, no worries! I like this bike because it's such an underdog, even though it's a Yeti. I remember that back then people complained that the Troy Lee graphics are not right for a Yeti and that Schwinn ruined the company and I also assume that this bike is actually rarer than the 6 inch version. My guess is that if you wanted a gravity Yeti back then, you'd go for the top shelf bike with all the options. But its what makes it so cool.

If I was you, I'd look for a first generation Boxxer, a matching XTR rear deraileur, a Big Un front hub, a matching rear wheel with a HED rim, a Yeti/Bontrager saddle, Yeti grips, a King or Ringle Slamma Jamma headset, Michelin tires and identical brakes. Just my two cents.

Still, it's my favourite bike from around here since a while now... :)

Enjoy it!
Mx

Maxipedia":232gd5vs said:
I know from experience that sometimes it's more important to put the damn thing together. Parts will come, no worries! I like this bike because it's such an underdog, even though it's a Yeti. I remember that back then people complained that the Troy Lee graphics are not right for a Yeti and that Schwinn ruined the company and I also assume that this bike is actually rarer than the 6 inch version. My guess is that if you wanted a gravity Yeti back then, you'd go for the top shelf bike with all the options. But its what makes it so cool.

If I was you, I'd look for a first generation Boxxer, a matching XTR rear deraileur, a Big Un front hub, a matching rear wheel with a HED rim, a Yeti/Bontrager saddle, Yeti grips, a King or Ringle Slamma Jamma headset, Michelin tires and identical brakes. Just my two cents.

Still, it's my favourite bike from around here since a while now... :)

Enjoy it!
Mx
im loving your 2 cents mate but at the minute I aint got that lol ive got a rear rim lined up funds allowing. the retro boxxers are so dear I may never get them so might have to stick with these but might repaint to look older ;) all the little parts king headset/xtr mech will like you say come in time.first on the list is new bars as I cant stant faded anno lol

great bikes these things. a friend owned a straight 6 bitd that i had some time aboard. iknow what you mean about the ride feel being safe. they are so sturdy and strong feeling, with a lovely predictable shock curve. they are very confidence inspiring to ride

Back