not another ebay nightmare!( seller refusing refund! help!!)

Re: not another ebay nightmare!

if you take the frame for powder coating they can fill the dents ( same as when they refurb an powder coat alloys)

dan28":2e6pohjv said:
if you take the frame for powder coating they can fill the dents ( same as when they refurb an powder coat alloys)

maybe the one under the swingarm but the one behind the headtube is a fair size

dav101":26vtk21d said:
also, even though i've had correspondence with her, she still hasn't responded to ebays messages and as such it still says the case is awaiting the other members response
GGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Don't send her any more messages. If she doesn't respond to eBay within a certain amount of time (can't remember if its 7 or 14 days?) they'll just find in your favour and refund on her behalf.

Is the seller a Private or Business seller? If it's the latter then Distance Trading Regs apply and you can return the item for a full refund within a certain period, and don't need to give a reason.

"Has a few scratches and stickers however everything is in working order"
Having seen the pics - I'm not sure how you could have told much more from the pics - they were pretty selective.
I trust you've checked all the threads etc, that the headtube is actually round etc?

chopper: unfortunately she's a private seller so i'm afraid that's a no go

carge: as soon i saw that the frame han't been wrapped in anything i checked the full thing over

this is the message she sent ebay via the resolution center

'I will offer a £50 partial refund, on the bases that you have admitted to tampering with the frame. You also mentioned something was missing, I advertised a FRAME, nothing else (no parts, bolts etc were mentioned and whats in the photos are what was sent). I have noticed that the pictures don't show the dent, so i have requested picture evidence of this as additional pictures I have also don't show the dent. No dents were noticed before it was sent. When I gave the bike to the courier, he promised me he'd wrap it in something (he gave me his name and number in case we had any problems). Also I have been offered numerous offers for the frame for over £150 and they even told be they'd be doing the whole thing up (shot blasting and repainting etc) so if you aren't happy with this decision then feel free to return the bike. With that decision I won't be paying for any courier costs as the bike was advertised as pick up only. You decided and arranged your own courier.'

she later edited the ad to say that she would post and that she would contact the winner to organise this
any advice on how i can avoid having to pay for the courier to send it back?
she also sent me a PM giving some drivel about her being out the country, the f'in wench

the 'tampering' she mentions was simply removing the pivot bearings, which fell to bits when i tried to do so resulting in the inner races still being attached to the frame

You argue you only engaged.a courier as a consequence of the faulty description she posted, but a small claims court would laugh at you if you tried to take it there for £20 or so. Might be best to take the refund and write off the cost, probably the best way out.

Chopper1192":18jml258 said:
You argue you only engaged.a courier as a consequence of the faulty description she posted, but a small claims court would laugh at you if you tried to take it there for £20 or so. Might be best to take the refund and write off the cost, probably the best way out.

thanks for advice chopper

was8v":2mxqvzvk said:
We_are_Stevo":2mxqvzvk said:
onza100":2mxqvzvk said:
I did get a whole bike sent to me with just a paper label on it. I was pretty shocked the courier even took it like that.

I actually don't have a problem with that; probably less likely to get abused that a box that can be picked up and thrown around?

If I'm buying a cheap bike from an unknown non enthusiast seller I request it isn't wrapped or boxed.

Less likely to get thrown, less likely to end up at the bottom of a heavy pile, and as there's sharp bits (levers, pedals) that could damage other parcels, its likely to be kept away. The handlers will likely wheel it around too.

I usually use the cheapest rate / dimensions of the courier, I've had bikes delivered for £8 before - my Orbit (see sig) came this way with some token card draped over it!

YMMV

Our local couriers won't carry anything like that unless it is a favour for a friend. Their vans are packed to the gunwales, and it is a case of the bike doing damage to other items rather than anything else. An average day for a multi drop driver here can involve hundreds of miles on some pretty 'interesting' roads.

a few more messages the seller sent me through the resolution center
any advice gratefully recieved as my p*ss is beyond boiled and can't f'in think straight
surely if they offer postage as an option it's their responsibility to ensure it's adequately protected regardless of who organised the courier???

"Hi, As we listed the item as collection only, we contacted the winner to arrange courier which is what you did. Therefore the bike's collection and wrapping responsibility immediately falls in your hands. On a collection only item, we aren't going to fork out for wrapping this item up. We offered shipping to mainland UK to be arranged by the winning bidder. Which is what you did. The reason we listed the item as collection only was so the winner could come and view the bike so they were happy with what they were buying. It was your choice to arrange a courier, therefore we are washing our hands of everything courier related and would prefer to hear back from eBay regarding this section of the dispute. Moving on, as you have tampered with the bike, I won't be issuing any refund, partial or full as because of your actions, the bike can't be re-listed or re-sold. For pivot bearings, it isn't a simple procedure and should only be carried out by a competent person."

As you also mentioned, you took pictures before and after your tampering process. This suggests you are deliberately trying to create a case. Again, I'd like eBay to settle this part of the dispute. Tampering with an item, renders it ineligible for return. If you proved it faulty by fitting pedals, wheels etc and the bearings were crunching, i'd have been more than happy to accept a partial refund or return. Concluding, no refund or return is going to be offered as you've tampered with the bike therefore it won't be returned in the condition we sent it in. I sent the bike without the dents you're mentioning, and they are not on any of the additional pictures I have, therefore your method of collection should be consulted regarding this. "

In regards to the mech hanger, this wasn't damaged before I sent it. Please consult your method of collection regarding this. I have multiple pictures of all angles of the bike before it was sent if eBay require to see them. I'd also like to mention that eBay state the feedback is to be left once the case is resolved. Therefore you have left me negative feedback before any resolution. I'd like eBay to have a look at that also. "

Back