Ride around Silverstone for 24hrs!!!

Looked into this months ago a few things that put me off the first being the fee and the second the vagueness of how big the event is. The rockingham one when looked into had 7 teams . Could you imagine the grimness of riding around a Windy race circuit for 24 hours without seeing another sole.

Now if the price was a third and Swamped with loads of people could be good fun?

TheGreenRabbit":dr39wmhi said:
If its £150 for a team of four, (£37.50 each) its not that bad, and I am in. If its £150 each, WTF I'm out !!!

I made it 150 each?

Yep just checked. £600 for a 4 person team. :shock:

Mrs HM has said I can go and she will pay for my birthday! How often are you going to get he chance to ride around there. Just watching F1 practice and thinking how nice it would be to play in the wing etc.

So I am very up for it!!!!

Anybody else?

I've raced cars on the club circuit (different from the GP circuit) and it cost me a lot less than £150.

Oulton Park would be a lot more interesting, Mallory would be much better for spectators, as would Castle Combe, where they already run crits. Now Brands Hatch, that would be a circuit, especially if they ran it the wrong way round as Paddock Hill bend is much steeper than it looks on the telly.

I'll have a think about it, but £150 is an awful lot of money just to ride round a big criterium circuit.

Back