Dave Lloyd CATS.........

Neil, That's really nice and it's really good to see the two together... In my opinion once the sag of the rider is included, angles won't be that much different. Yours is also a slightly smaller frame by the looks of...

ringo":3jv3iagr said:
Yours is also a slightly smaller frame by the looks of...

The rear triangles are pretty much identical, but I think the seat tube ctt might be just a touch shorter. I can't remember the length of the top tube, but I know it is more or less the same as all my others, so should fit after some fettling.

I was going off the head tube size! But, you are right, when you look closer they are more similar! :oops:

Indulgent I'd say, rather than excessive.

Unfortunately I picked up a large box from my LBS before leaving for West Somerset, so it'll be a short lived indulgence, still, nice while it lasts. :cool:

Wow !!! Inspired choice on the fork I had one and they ride really well.. Looks a very nice fit :cool:

I had limited options when it came to the fork as the rear end was already designed and set up for disc.

First option was something steel, but in discussion with Argos it turned out that they were not happy about either building me one of their steel forks, or converting a Pace RC30 to disc. Second choice was RC35's, but I didn't want V brakes up front and disc mounts for RC35's don't come up very often, so the quick choice was Exotic and have them sprayed with the frame.

I may consider something else in the future, but it has turned out better than I first imagined, so I'm more than happy.

nevadasmith":wdyawopy said:
Looks really nice Neil - great job :D

What A to C are those forks?

Thanks, much appreciated.

Forks are 390mm.

Exotic added 390 to the range last year, they also do 425 and 445.

Well, here it is.

I have been waiting for the front mech, having bought the wrong one on the bay (I thought they only came in one size :facepalm: ).

A few little jobs to do, like neaten up the front cable, change the tyres and wrap the drive side chainstay, but I managed a quick flick around the block, even in this heat.

Spec:

Dave Lloyd CATS WISKAS
Frame: 1992

Main frame Dedacciai Zero
Rear triangle Reynolds 531

Fork: Exotic carbon

Headset: Ritchey
Stem: Ritchey Force Lite
Handlebar: Ritchey Force Lite black
Barends: X-Lite stubbies
Grips: Blackspire

Brakes: Avid BB7 disc
Brake Levers: Avid SD 2.0
Shifters: SRAM X0 2 x 10 gripshift
Front Derailleur: SRAM X9 2 x 10
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9 2 x 10 long cage
Cassette: SRAM PG1070 10 speed 12 - 36
Chain: Wippermann 10 speed
Crankset: SRAM S1400 2 x10 39 / 26
Pedals: Time ATAC
Bottom Bracket: Hope external

Rims: Mavic XC717
Hubs: Hope Pro 2
QRs: Hope
Tyres: Panaracer Fire XC Pro

Saddle: Ritchey Logic
Seatpost: Ritchey
Seatpost Binder: N/A

DSC_0549_zps3a8acb03.jpg

DSC_0551_zpsb665117d.jpg

Once I have a few shakedown rides completed, I shall be taking the CATS and the DOGS down to Haldon for a red run comparison, so watch out for a brief write up very soon.

Back