1994 Ibis Titanium Mojo

Mounted the brakes and fork last night. As you can see below I am using Paul's touring canti's. I also included a screen grab from http://www.aspirevelotech.com/ showing some limited edition anodized Paul's brakes and levers. I just spent too much on some vintage faded stoplights otherwise I may have been tempted.

So I have the bike built up and rideable. So far this has been a total parts bin build. But I have just ordered some new cables and picked up some bar tape. I also got some moon units that I have yet to install.

Alright now for some of the details.
I converted this bike from 26" to 700c rims. Up front this was done with a 395mm a-c CX fork. The shorter fork combines with the taller wheels keeps the front end close to original height. In fact the bottom bracket is exactly the same height as my rigid 29er.

In the back I used an adapter that relocates the canti posts to the correct position. the slightly taller wheel in back probably does steepen the angles slightly.

I set this up as a two speed using a middleburn 42/29 duo chainring and cranks. In the back is a Melvin chain tensioner that can easily handle 13 tooth difference.

the panaracer fire cross afford almost no clearance so i will primarily be using this with the marathons until i can get some bruce gordon rock n' roads. I also need to install a derailleur and figure out how to take some clearer photos.

hollister":3pcs973u said:
Is that a Willits fork back there?

Yes it is. Currently the legs for my parts monkey.

I also have one of his scorcher bars waiting for the right bike to make a scorcher tribute.

Back