Hello, have I done something good?

Rich, thanks. I had come across the Richey logic units too. Think I'm going with silver arts so I might have to order one too. My research suggests that '90 zolatone frames without the oversize stays (afterburners) have a 1" headtube. Can someone confirm/deny before I buy?

Cheers

Paul

Bit of an update. The bike is awaiting final strip down (don't have a chain splitter, but have one on order). Then, I'll clean and decide what to do about painting. Does anyone have any zolatone advice???? I'm happy to send it off to be done, I'll probably have no option but rattle cans in the garage and I have virtually no experience and little time.

I have sourced nearly all the parts for a 1x8 drivetrain. I have also decided on some new parts to ensure reliability so I have new BB, headset, cables & outers, chainring, cassette and chain. I also bagged some really nice wheels off ebay, M737 hubs on Mavic 221, really clean and including the XT skewer set!

I've decided to use the M739 rear mech that's already on the bike. I was going to get hold of an M735 but I already have this one so it's free!!

I'm still looking for some nice silver cantis and some brifters with a removable r/h pod.

Finally I'm taking inspiration from the white stickers on the frame and using that as an additional colour scheme. So it will be white pedals, outers, tyres, grips and saddle. If anyone has a nice white saddle, please PM!

Cheers (bring on the berating)

Yep, I'm sure. I'm committed now so I'm going with it. Maybe it'll look crap but it's all going to be reversible. FWIW I wouldn't be doing this to an Eldridge, pine mountain or team. I'd be actually sympathetic and do it properly.

Re: Hello, have I done something good? - 1990 Marin Palisade

Took some pictures of the frame, forks and bar/stem tonight so I can get a quote from Gil_m. I tried to make sure the camera didn't flatter the subject - I think I managed! Noticed a small dent on the top tube which i hadn't seen before. I'm sure this won't cause a problem as i'm not going to thrash the bike when finished. It will be mainly for the road.

Anyway, let me know what you think of my starting point!

Attachments

• Marin-1.jpg
    Marin-1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Marin-2.jpg
    Marin-2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Marin-3.jpg
    Marin-3.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Marin-7.jpg
    Marin-7.jpg