Super Vitus 980 steel frame only 52x54cm NOW SOLD!

mAdam

Old School Hero
Regrettable sale of a project I simply won’t get around to completing. This is a Super Vitus 980 Extra Legere steel frame. 52cm x 54cm (measured centre to centre) with a 126mm rear spacing & English thread b/b. Takes a 27.2mm seatpost. No dents or rust, perfectly straight with usual wear marks. There are the inevitable stone chips & nicks in the paintwork, with some cracking to the Vitus decals, but the frame is still presentable enough to simply build up and use right away. It has a new Shimano cable guide fitted to the b/b shell and all threads are perfect. I don’t have the forks for this frame, as I had planned to run a set of straight blade ‘power’ forks. Head tube measures 11.5cm

The frame also comes with a set of new decals to enable a respray which was my intention until I realised I have too many projects and not enough hours in my day.

This is a superb lightweight retro steel frame set, weighing just 1753 grams, comparable with Reynolds 753 and will build into a fantastic road bike.

Super Vitus 980 is a very fine material and was manufactured by Ateliers De La Rive, of Charmond, France, better known as Vitus. SV980 it was introduced in 1984 and was coded by Vitus as 18M5 and is similar to 18mcd5 this is chromium molybdenum steel.
SV980 has a main frame wall thickness of 0.9/0.6 mm with 0.8mm chain stays and seat stays. Vitus stopped making their steel tubing in the late 90's

I would like back what i've put into this £80 including P&P to U.K. PayPal gift please

Re: Super Vitus 980 steel frame only 52x54cm c to c

Knew I forgot something :D

27.2mm seatpost

I have a mate looking for just something like this. I'll save this page and get back to you within 48 hours mate.

Aw bugger. He's too short! Very best of luck with the sale mate....proper bargain!

I have a vitus chrome fork which I could pair with this if someone wanted the frame with a fork?

Aw bugger. He's too short! Very best of luck with the sale mate....proper bargain!

appreciate the effort mate, cheers :)

I have a vitus chrome fork which I could pair with this if someone wanted the frame with a fork?

Thanks for that buddy :)

boggy":23lmn2me said:

I might be interested in a deal here. How much for the forks posted in UK?

Vimes

Back