Opinions Wanted On These Ti Frames

I'd start by pinning a model number. mti1000? Then you can do a google search and see if a non-wishbone version turns up and look at close ups of welds to see if they are similar.

That cable guide on the side might be a good identification feature too. I've never seen one like it (big deal) and it does seem mti1000ish:

TH100-3.jpeg
p4pb5296805.jpg

It is rather odd that the photOs shoW a random piece of paper right where one might find the decals of THE REAL MAKER?

Well, there is the shot of the complete bike:

p4pb8494299.jpg

And if you are trying funny, surly it's easy to remove the decals before shooting?

What want to know about are stamps on the bottom bracket and dropouts.

Sure did, nothing against the Russians, or their Ti. Just thought they were made form it and the sire selling says UK Ti.

Not saying i't true, just what I thought.

Caramba Kid":1b7tnr4z said:
US version of the Dynatech Torus, nice Ti frames but only worth about $260 - $280 CDN

Thanks for the info. I thought $499 was pretty cheap if it really was a Tomac/Raleigh.
I guess I'll pass on these.

Caramba Kid":sf487wbo said:
US version of the Dynatech Torus, nice Ti frames but only worth about $260 - $280 CDN
Is that used? £175 for a nos ti frame is cheap as chips? I bought a very well priced used frame, the same as these but with the wishbone rear end for not far off what you think a nos one is worth. I don't think I'd want to pay the asking, but I reckon 300-350 would be what I'd be looking to get one for, and you never know, you mention he has been selling them for ages.

I don't think these have anything Russian about them either, there is a post on here somewhere where the ex Raleigh employee responsible for a lot of the ti range explained who made what and where. As these are the us version, it could be a different story, but it would it make sense economically to produce the same bike in the uk and the states from different materias would it?

Latest posts

Back