retro or disc?

munkiieman

Dirt Disciple
ok so im rebuilding my kona fire mountain in matt black paint job do go canti lever with black jack wheels , do I go retro canti lever or use disc brake as it has attachments?

I love the simplistic and in my eyes elegant looks of my canti braked bike and with decent pads,in my case Koolstop salmons, they work quite well....but when I am in "go for it mode" or when yet another phone using, selfish car driver does their best....203 mm disks are very nice indeed :D ....depends what you are going to do really?..
Mark

I always swore I'd never replace the Xtr V's on my Blur with discs until I wore through the braking surface on my rear rim. Ended up getting some Hope Pro II's and must say I was blown away by their performance. They've been practically maintenance free for a couple of years too. The cost, light weight and simplicity of rim brakes still appeals to me but for mega muddy conditions or really steep downhills I'm sure glad of my discs!

Imagine you have just invented the rim brake and you are talking to the lawyers at Health and Safety.
H.A.S; "So what happens as it wears down?"
YOU; "Well the rim becomes thinner until it peels apart or collapses..."
H.A.S.; "They will sue our a$$3$ off"

Back