Road Riders

Wee bump for this! I've jumped back on the road bike and I'm having a ball, anyone thinking of doing any road riding this year? Maybe a sportive or something.

Robmac and I were talking of giving the Inverness back to Fife run a go after the Aviemore trip as we noted the cycle route that follows the A9 corridor. A mini tour of say 3 days duration, i'm the limiting factor as its a 2 dayer or less for the fit types but no plans for sportifs etc.
You should put some of the other retro road runs in your calendar, the Lakes one in September looks particularly good with at least three steep passes to storm. I however am at a music festival in Ulapool that weekend so have had to take the lakes run off my radar.

can't see me doing any this year :( hardly managed out, although hoping to get a few road miles in tomorrow morning. although any benefit will be undone after I've spent the evening with primal scream and the stone roses :p canny wait for that

can thoroughly recommend the Millar sportive, of all sportives I did last year (except I'Eroica) that track was by far my favourite

will be doing a few rides over some of the highlights of the route, tak me doon & crow road soon if you want to take the trip up

Was up at Kinlochleven yesterday - that road around the loch from Glencoe end would be a belter in dry weather, Only about 20 miles though but could be extended south perhaps to avoid busy roads :?

I've been mulling an idea over for some time now, would there be any interest in a MacRetro monthly ton up club? The idea being you either cycle 100 mile or 100k once a month or even interpret the 'ton up' bit as you will. It could be done on your tod or meeting up with other folks, or form the basis of a ride, maybe in the summer do a midnight ride or something. Loads of variations. Rumbles 100 mile ride the other day reminded me of the idea. Any thoughts?

Possibly the wrong time of year, but I like it! 100k obviously for auld biffers like me with my dodgy back.

Midnight ride? Yes please madam.

Back