1989 Saracen Kili Flyer (Comp) - finished

Re: 1989 Saracen Kili Flyer (Comp)

Absolutely beautiful! :D

Great choice, I raced one of these BITD, it handled superbly and was a dream to ride.

Enjoy the build and the trails! :cool:

Thanks everyone :)

Steve - definitely get some pics up.....I never tire of looking at a good Kili

To be honest I've tried most of the "top end" powder coaters and always been disappointed, I can paint pretty well myself with an Airbrush. I don't like the blasting process, as this can remove too much metal and much prefer the look and weight of proper paint enamel. It's just laborious removing all the old paint, which I do with a knife blade, then a phosphor bronze brush. I can access some very tough industrial rust fighting paint that leaves a very fine finish, which I propose to use. I'll post some pics up when I get it done, but it will be a slow refurb, to get it just right.
I've never ridden a bike that climbs so well or handles tricky twisty trails as fast, no wonder Ritchey dominated the race scene for so long.
I'm a massive Tom Ritchey fan, as he never sold out like, Klein, Fisher, Bontrager, Merlin, Litespeed, Yeti ,Cannondale and GT all did and he still rides and has a big input into his products.
I'm undecided on whether to go for the Ritchey red, or the Blue, which was more common on the older frames, like this.

Thanks to a Herculean effort from the legendary kingroon the kili is up and ready to roll.

More pics to follow ASAP

Back