Personal Unicorn bikes (What's yours?)

vk202.jpg

Down to earth one for me on one hand. Muddy Fox Seeker Mega from 1990. I've not seen another since BITD loads of Green Couriers and other years models.
Nearest I've got is a 1990 Mega 500 rough old frame! :D And they say don't meet your heroes...

Build quality doesn't look as nice as the 1989's I have, so novelty worn off a tad. I'll buy a SM if it's cheap, or completely rebuild this when I CBA and no other builds going...

Other than that, the 'dream bikes' thing

I've still got the hots for a square tube Pace, not enough to actually buy one yet...
And similarly a Zaskar... 91ish...
And A Xizang would be amazing, I'd never even seen one that wasn't a picture in the catalogue before joining here - you lucky devils!!!!!

Back when I started it was a 91 explosif or rocky mountain blizzard. Soon after, a place I worked had a horizon fade attitude with elucid parts, it was too expensive for your average yorkshireman so sat unsold forever, I could not get through a days work without an hours gawping at it. I got a pinnacle years later which was a wonderful bike. When I finally netted an attitude of my own I found it far too steep, long and low to really get on with. I have now find my perfect bike in the form of an 80's mountain klein which is spot on for my creaky frame and slow pace, the added bonus is that I do not look such a pompous tit riding it!
My slightly more modern dream bike was a boulder which I was very lucky to pick up recently, It looks fantastic but really does not cut it against my 80's machine.

Mine would be a NOS or mint 1992/3 Orange Clockwork in silver/grey. Not the flashest choice but is the bike that kept dragging me back to Airevalley Cycles to drool over time and time again.

After that it'd be a mint and Yo Eddy aquafade or the first GT RTS1. The theme that runs through all these is that the bike would have to be original as it left the shop and in no way restored.

Got most of mine
Trimble
Gt rts ,lts ,lts dh, sts dh ,Zaskar , pantera ,tequila Karakoram ,team avalanche
Amp
Various Cannondale's
Anything elevated
Pace rc200
Saracen killi racer
Titan half track

Just need a yeti ultimate next

Mike

mooster":19vfd91t said:
For me, 1990 Marin Team Titanium. Would love to own one........ but the '95 model will do for now.... probably..... :facepalm:

+1 for that would like a 1990/91

1990 Klein Attitude Team - tick
1991 Cannondale SM800 - tick
1991 Cannondale SE2000 - :cry:

Hang on a minute.. what's that frame I've just stumbled across on the bay..? Oh.. a NOS SE2000 frame.

So smug I want to punch myself in the face :twisted:

If we are talking of unicorns as in bikes we have a virtually zero chance of owning due to rarity rather than bikes we just want and have subsequently bought
1. 1988 fisher procaliber as this was the bike I raced bitd, and have built a replica just to keep me going
2. Hot chilli warp as we only ever sold one of these and I fell in love with it.
Dont really get this yo eddy and klein thing, there not unicorns, ive seen at least 2 of each for sale in the past 3 months. Yes they are probably outof most peoples reach due to cost but not due to aavailability.
It doesnt matter how much money you have you wont own a unicorn :D

Latest posts

Back