Giant TCR Team Once

Made some mods to my Giant. I decided to try a riser handlebar, and I really liked the result. Great improvement on confort, great fun to ride. Deore levers and shifters are not as precise as the road 105 brifters, but they do the job. I have also changed the saddle, really crazy about these 2013 Flite Team Edition.

SAM_4391_zpsd5c97c3e.jpg

SAM_4386_zpsfcaf3ed0.jpg

SAM_4369_zpse3bd8282.jpg

SAM_4366_zps7e154480.jpg

SAM_4374_zps7f0347fe.jpg

SAM_4367_zps3945b7cc.jpg

Re:

migueltreze":1sl4a8w7 said:
I am not a very experienced road cyclist, I only have two bikes in present time, and I am not a big "conoisseur" of brands, frames and so on
SAM_3996_zps4b06c3ae.jpg

For an inexperienced roadie you had the bike really nicely set-up at this point. It's a great looking frame - just how compact should look.
There's a balance between form and function with equipment choices; unless your bike is intended for a very specific purpose that calls for close consideration to function (say, time trialing) you can afford to be interested in how the bike looks - after all, this is a road bike, and road bikes should be beautiful.
For what its worth, I'd go back to those well set-up drops, black tape and the colour-matched Giant forks. Risers might be an interesting experiment but they won't be any good over any sort of distance.

Yup it looked sweet in that pic .. I would keep the new saddle and put a nice inline post on there and it's a winner ;)

Re: Re:

i-am-iron-man":2x5vk4i2 said:
For an inexperienced roadie you had the bike really nicely set-up at this point. It's a great looking frame - just how compact should look.
There's a balance between form and function with equipment choices; unless your bike is intended for a very specific purpose that calls for close consideration to function (say, time trialing) you can afford to be interested in how the bike looks - after all, this is a road bike, and road bikes should be beautiful.
For what its worth, I'd go back to those well set-up drops, black tape and the colour-matched Giant forks. Risers might be an interesting experiment but they won't be any good over any sort of distance.
I tend to change my bikes mods every now and then, this latest one aimed mainly at confort. Since this is my daily ride in short distances, I wanted to try a diferent handling position. I am quite satisfied with it, but yes, I do agree with you, the bike had a really nice set up in its first stage. Maybe the next step is to give her dropbars again. Many thanks for the comment.

Too much work went into this bike too leave it with the flat bars, it deserves to be returned to its drop bar glory with the original forks. I have also experimented with flat bars on a TCR in the past and they work well for a fast commuter style bike but you'd be better to get an old used TCR frame and stick the aksiums and other cheaper parts on that if it's for a daily ride. You made such a nice job with the paint and Ultegra wheels etc it's a pity to waste that effort. Either way as long as you enjoy it is whats important but just my opinion.

Plus one":169tk9kw said:
Yup it looked sweet in that pic .. I would keep the new saddle and put a nice inline post on there and it's a winner ;)

Hey Col, did you ever finish your black TCR a few months back? mine have all gone backwards into boxes whilst we're moving house... getting a shed in the new house though, exciting stuff :D

riddim-track":3ufhy1tg said:
Plus one":3ufhy1tg said:

Hey Col, did you ever finish your black TCR a few months back? mine have all gone backwards into boxes whilst we're moving house... getting a shed in the new house though, exciting stuff :D

Yes she turned out well and clocking up the miles :)

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=249849&start=15

great work and superbly documented.
Must say that it has given me a fresh perspective on a TCR that I once 'had' to buy and has been hanging on my wall.
It is a 1998 ONCE according to the original owner and went out on only 2 rides.

Latest posts

Back