BBC Iplayer

Next thing you will moaning how they add shitty banging music to things and play it way louder than the talking.

Anyone have a BT vision box?
They updated the software last week, all the writing is in light colours on light backgrounds.
The BBC iPlayer[on{inside} the BT vision box] only allows you to watch featured programmes now!

integerspin":1pr7nbvg said:
Next thing you will moaning how they add shitty banging music to things and play it way louder than the talking.

Anyone have a BT vision box?
They updated the software last week, all the writing is in light colours on light backgrounds.
The BBC iPlayer[on{inside} the BT vision box] only allows you to watch featured programmes now!

I have a BT vision box, not looked at Iplayer for a while as whenever we watch anything, it shut's down the BT vision box and the whole thing restarts, BT says it's the BBC that's causing it IDK though.

Alison

Iplayer is gash. Mine won't go full screen no matter what I try. Any other BBC video (sports, news etc), works fine as does the watch live option, but when trying to watch anything else it goes all wonky and only fills a quarter of the screen.

We have all turned into crotchety oldies, I miss analogue tv it was fun occasionally realising I was watching Eire tv and the fact it was free (mostly)

joe careless":2eb7lxla said:
We have all turned into crotchety oldies, I miss analogue tv it was fun occasionally realising I was watching Eire tv and the fact it was free (mostly)

Apart from the TV license I don't pay any more for TV, it's all freeview and if it's not it's not available to our family :D but I think mmm yeah I'm a grumpy old woman :oops:

Alison

Isaac_AG":1jgqdi9b said:
joe careless":1jgqdi9b said:

Apart from the TV license I don't pay any more for TV, it's all freeview and if it's not it's not available to our family :D but I think mmm yeah I'm a grumpy old woman :oops:

Alison

We blagged bt vison when we complained about weeks without broadband. I don't think we have ever looked to see if there is anything available on it beyond catchup and it's a free hard disk recorder. I used to download the odd catchup program and burn them to dvd to watch on the telly, so the bt vision box was good from that point of view. All the catchup is shown at full screen, one problem however is the programe list is smaller on bt vision than on the computer. We know people who are amazed we don't have sky, you go round their houses and they are usually watching some old shite I would want paying to watch, as they have paid I think they feel they have to watch it.

I forgot about the catchup reboot, it's not just iPlayer that does it, we have the same problem and it will re-boot after watching an hours catch up, then it will happen every ten minutes or so after the first time it's happened.

I use my laptop and PS3 for iPlayer mostly though the V+ HD box works well when I want to watch something in the lounge.

I object to Sky due to their lying scumbag sales reptiles - they almost got my mum to switch to their TV and ADSL bundle promising "the same internet speed as you have now"...

Utter bollocks as we're on a 60 Meg virgin connection and I've checked with BT, fastest we could get here (2 miles from the exchange) is 6 Megs!

It's all utter baws!! I there's nothing wrong waiting until the strolling minstrel arrives on the village green. Sometimes he has an actual woodcut to show us a picture......

Back