David LLoyd

It looks really light and looks so much nicer with the seatpost up at the right height.

At Ringo's incredibly generous invitation, I have just got back from a lap of my eight mile on / off road training loop.

OH MY WORD! What a bike.

It's very nimble and quick steering, but not as twitchy as the White Spider yet not as laid back as the DOGS. It climbs well and is also extremely compliant on the rough stuff, most of all it's fast, and brings out the road racer in me. Trails that I usually ride at a steady pace, I was attacking and shifting up, up up...fast fasterfatserfaster.... And the rocky incline I usually puff up... I was attacking, and the wiggly singletrack through the trees..... you get the picture. Finaly, the short 10% kick at the end of my road, I deliberately took in too high a gear, and just stomped it. Up we went, not a hint of trouble from the back end, we just went, easy peasy.

I only hope mine rides this well.

I tell you what, those Conti Cross County tyres are good.

The route I took into the woods was along a fine gravel man made path, with a couple of short but brutal climbs and some really tight little switchback turns. After that there is a long steady rocky / hardpack climb that leads to the point where I took the first picture. Not once did I suffer any lack of traction, they bit into everything really well and better than some modern tyres I have used to ride the same trail.

Worth hanging onto I'd say, or better still, using.

I'm a big fan of conti tyres in general - bonus that they were fitted!

They will be staying!

Neil

Here's mines stablemate... can't wait to introduce them! :D :D Gotta love a Dave Lloyd paint job...

Well, they certainly will make a handsome couple, that's an extremely nice yet characteristicly British paint scheme, and I'll bet it rides like an absolute thoroughbred.

Back