1993 Yeti ARC - UPDATED 06/2013

Re: 1993 Yeti ARC Project begins - UPDATED 04/08

yetifan.com":3d2bqlus said:
You should find some of the stuff in this page interesting.

http://www.yetifan.com/YETI_PAST/90s/90s.html#teambikes

I have a picture of the Grewal frame that's at yeti now somewhere, also I have one of Grewals bike leaned up at Durango from back in the day. I'll look them up.

Nice work on the bikes guys, make sure to send pics to yetifan too!!

Where do you want to send the pics?? I've got two ARCs here now...

Re: 1993 Yeti ARC Project begins - UPDATED 04/08

I decided that the 3DV build was a bit too common these days and decided to mix up a bit. Off to a good start rebuilding the fork. I wanted to keep the Manitou 2 look but simply $%@^ hate that damn thing, I think a broken M1 is a superior fork. Inspired by Ameybrook's M2.5 effort I looked around the shed and noticed a nice and clean EFC and thought... hmmmm this should work.

Not that the EFC is a great suspension fork or anything, but it is the pinnacle of the original Manitou design and offer a bit of design improvements such as an oil damper cartridge and the best elastomer stack that Answer could come up with. The main problem was how to attach the EFC inners to the M2 lowers...

Manitou2EFC3-vi.jpg

The mounting (and adjustment knob) are integrated into the EFC dropouts which I discovered were removable. The diameter of the M2 and EFC legs was the same (smart move Answer) and so I figured I could transfer them. I put the dropouts onto a hub to try and maintain alignment during installation. SUCCESS!!

Manitou2EFC1-vi.jpg

Everything came together well.

My second main complaint about the M2 was brake flex. These things move 0.25" under heavy braking. This problem will be nicely resolved by adding a stiffener brace.

Manitou2EFC-vi.jpg

Anyway want to guess what color will be prominent in the new build??

martin good idea, M2 wolf in sheep's clothing could say. good job and probably work perfect is perfect. :cool:

The color change black components seems good idea, I'm looking at this option also for my ARC yellow and turquoise to break a little normal.

I'm careful to work. :D :D

the new color is black :?: :?: :?:

I had spent the detail of the leading ...
pufff ... as is the assembly? Pressure is mounted?

looks good, the black will be more aggressive, I'm drooling with the m2. :shock:
I had bb and cranks in black unirses case you need, it's late.

AC bridge to the fork black, would be the icing martin :facepalm: :facepalm:

I actually have an AC brake bridge, forgot about that... might throw it on and see how it looks. It may be too much, plus I like the Yeti Stickers there.

Back