Whoops..Another bike - Killer V

Been a while, so here's an update.

I've been slowly getting the bits together and I think I am nearly there. Just one or 2 bits left and the build will be on again.

I have finally settled for a pair of 2011 Tora 301 Solo Air forks. I think I need to change the travel spacers as the guy advertised these as 130mm and I'm after 100mm riding. I'll maybe get to check it this weekend.

Watch this thread for updates......

OK guys, the build has started. :cool:

Lots of different technologies on this bike that I'm not used to so its taking a little longer than I thought. None of my other steeds have discs or aheadsets so my old brain is taking on a little re-training :D

Got the forks on but it looks like the steerer maybe about 3 mm too short. I've clamped down the topcap and the gap looks about 5mm from top of the steerer to the top of the stem. Unfortunately this means that I don't have a spacer underneath the stem as I would have liked so I'm keeping an eye out for another set of forks in the long term. Until I get the wheels on, I won't know whether having the stem that low is too low for my riding position. It may be that I need a much longer steerer tube but that's not a priority right now. The bike will survive light work for now until I work out what I need. :)

So far, the forks are on, the seatpost and saddle are in and the chainset, stem, handlebars, shifters and rear mech are on. Next up are the brake servos, front mech (when I can scrounge a 31.8 shim from my LBS), chain, pedals, grips and finally the wheels and cable routing.

Hopefully it won't be too long now.......

Re:

Hi guys.

Well this has possibly been one of the longest builds EVER but the bike is now finally rideable.
As we've all experienced, many factors get in the way of a concerted effort to build our bikes from scratch, this has been no different. The biggest delay was due to a problem with the drive train jumping on the smaller rear cogs. Considering that it was a new cassette, I went down the route of changing the chainrings (which were a little worn but not excessively), changing the rear mech (might go back to the rapid rise one at some point), swapping to a different new chain (the original XT chain was new as well) and then giving up for a while. It couldn't be the cassette could it, after all it was torqued correctly? Oh indeed it was and the new SRAM one isn't jumping.

Anyway, here is a brief spec sheet

Frame : Cannondale Killer V
Hubs : XT M756
Rims : Coda expert with DT spokes
Cassette : SRAM PG980
Chain : KMC X9.93
Front tyre : Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1
Rear tyre : Ritchey Exca Vader 2.1
Rear Mech : XT M750
Front mech : XT M760
Chainset : XT M760
Pedals : PD M520
Seat post : FSA SL-280
Seat : Charge spoon Cr- mo
Stem : FSA OS 115
Headset : FSA Orbit MX
Brakes and shifters : XT M765 discs
Forks : Rockshox Tora SL
Bars : FSA SL- K

I have guessed some of the numbers for the shimano kit as i couldn't make them out, so sorry if they may be incorrect. This isn't the final build but it's close enough to be declared on the road.

The testament will be when I finally get a chance to take it for a decent ride, whenever that may be!

Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_20180824_162512-992x744resize.jpg
    IMG_20180824_162512-992x744resize.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 215
Re:

Five and a half years wait and all we get is a solitary picture....
:D

Came out nice in the end

What a great bike. I had an old killer v breifly. Incredibly rigid and light if i remember. Ended up lending it to brother in law and it got stolen. Havent seen another since. Great work!

Back