GM's Overburys Pioneer

I doubt that it would have been upgraded from Deore to Deore DX , I would guess last years frame or heel clearance required ar the rear , it has low pro canti's up front so is a very good question as usually they would have been paired with the wider MT60 style ones

I like a nice u brake so am pleased with it being there ;)

ooooh very nice, do you know what year. U-brake on the back 87-89? but the DX and shifters are later? i will be watching to see how this one is finished. proper good that is!

Gert lush that is James... I've a massive soft spot for Overburys especially due to the Bristol connection, looking forward to the build process and the final result. There's something very satisfying about a bike created by Bristolian's having spent its life in Bristol and now owned by RBs very own err.. Bristolian :cool: :cool: :cool:

Handy that the paint matches the stripes on the chair in your shed.

Gravy Monster":1wqqe1ii said:
null_zpsb260f3cf.jpg

i believe in fixies":2p8oidnz said:
Handy that the paint matches the stripes on the chair in your shed.

:LOL: Shed ? That is a summerhouse I'll have you know :LOL:

I will have to take a trip to the sweet shop and get me some Rubarb and custards now :p

Had some tinkering time today , I have removed the crap and fitted some better parts that will suit me and my riding better :cool:

First to go was the cup and cone BB, a nice XT cartridge is much better, the frame was super clean and rust free inisde the shell which is reassuring, I have fitted thumbies as the DX STI units I have never liked, XT rear u brake and XT black canti's, I have also rebuilt the wheels with a black XT front hub and a black ringle rear hub which is 130, I wanted to fit the black XT rear but its 135 :( , some specialized amberwall tyres , the seat post will not stay just to see if black looks ok which I think it does,I will look to get a black one in 26.8.

I need to give the frame a good lean and polish , shorten the chain and get some nice grips and it will be ready to hit the trails :cool:

I'm guessing the saddle is the original , it's dated 1990 :cool:

null_zpsee5ba3a2.jpg

null_zps0fdc6aaf.jpg

null_zpsb3fcad91.jpg

null_zps0ea242bf.jpg

null_zps8b79f5aa.jpg

null_zpsd97a4de2.jpg

null_zps017065b8.jpg

null_zps32ed66f6.jpg

null_zpscffcc0a4.jpg

null_zps1722b7a7.jpg

That's more than a bit of tinkering!

Looking lovely with the new decals on and that stem is retrotastic in length :LOL:

Back