stans no tubes crest

I'll throw out my opinion based on personal experience.

Most non-UST tires will go on and stay inflated once the holes are sealed up with the sealant, just shake and rotate, easy stuff. I always run a sealant and non-UST tires for lighter weight.

I haven't noticed much of a difference mounting Racing Ralphs, Nobby Nics, Rocket Rons, and WTB's, they have all popped on and stayed put.

I'm completely sold on tubeless for the added traction, thorn protection (with sealant), and relief from snake bites. I have flatted a couple times though, nail through the tire, ripped sidewall, both would have flatted a tube. Biggest advantage for me is thorn protection, last year I must have pulled 30 thorns from my tires and never flatted, or even lost much psi.

Of course I always carry a spare tube though, just as everybody should.

durango":123y0rzk said:
What are the ralphs, nobby nick and the rons pacestar like at mounting and staying inflated?

they're all pretty good. the earlier/older nobby nics were supposed to be tubeless ready, but were way too slack on the rim. make sure you get the newer nics & you wont have an issue.

out of all the supposed tubeless ready tyres i've tried, the most inconsistent have been continental, specifically the mountain king2. some of the beads are so slack they'll never seal up, even with a compressor, whilst others are fine.

Thanks for your great replies.
I think ill stick with ralphs are the pacestar tube less ready are these the ones to get for tubeless ?

Most any tire will work if you use a sealant.

I wouldn't run tubeless ready or UST. These designs have thicker sidewalls to seal the tire. The sealant will do the same but with less weight.

Mr.Toad":4a6xnxh8 said:
Most any tire will work if you use a sealant.

I wouldn't run tubeless ready or UST. These designs have thicker sidewalls to seal the tire. The sealant will do the same but with less weight.

The only thing that I would say against this is that UST tyre beads are made to a specific design / tolerance to ensure that they seat properly on the rim. This is not the case with normal tyres, so some will work others won't.

durango":2j8ukm3w said:
So am ok to get tubeless ready but not ust

My Hans Dampfs are tubeless ready rather than full on UST and mounted pretty easily on my UST rims.

To be honest it can be a bit hit and miss and can depend on rim and tyre combos.

Safe call there Durango.

Though I have used the pacestar line of Nobby Nics and Racing Ralphs without any issues whatsoever.......

Back