gt zaskar le advise

leon77

Devout Dirtbag
hi everyone iam after some advise on a ballbrushed 1994 gt zaskar in excellent condition
with shimano xtr gears brakes etc and pace pro forks really like the look but just after some idea on value , spec and how it compares to modern bikes i just sold my boardman and would i be happy with the zaskar or is the differance too much also how heavy is the bike ? will it cope with modern mtb centres please help
thanks leon

I would say as its still not been sold its worth more like 350.00 - 400.00.

I ride mine over Cannock chase as its 2 mile away from me and the bike is just fine, the only issues in a way is when you hit the trails where they are mega bumpy the zaskar shows how stiff it is and rattles your bones a bit.

It's light enough to keep with the big boys and cool enough to stand out!

The one your looking at just needs some good tyres fitting and maybe a longer stem other than that looks ok to me

Unless the XTR is mint I would imagine a lot lower value, like nearer £250. You really need to ask in here though: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29681 I sold mine with mint full XT groupo for £180 and it was hard work. Should have split it really..

It will handle most trail centres, and be lighter then most modern bikes, but it will feel harsh on the big bumps. I've only ridden Haldon as a trail centre though so cant compare it to others.

Latest posts

Back