Beastway (at Hainault ForestCountry Park) 2008

grahame

Senior Retro Guru
Just a reminder that the Beastway series (that I help "organise") starts tomorrow - 21st May 2008.

As we were evicted from the best cycling (and most popular sports participation venue) in central London for the drug abusers' sports fortnight in 2012 (bitter? me?), and the Hog Hill "replacement" venue isn't ready yet we have to hold our races at Hainault Forest Country Park.

This year, the races will be each fortnight, starting at 7:30pm. If you want to race for free, turn up at 3pm and help to mark out the course.

It'd be great to see tome retro bikes racing there. I'll probably be on my DeKerf singlespeed (if I ride). Sylvain should be there most weeks on his (lovely) Ibis Ti Mojo.

Will we see any more of you London based retrobikers?

clicky link to venue map
It's in North East London/Essex.

Easy to get to from Kent, Chris - through the Dartford Tunnel, off the M25 at J29, then in on the A127 until it joins the A12, then straight on until you get to the A1112, then follow the signs to the park.

Going to try and make it to at least one event this summer. Used to love racing at Beastway!

Attachments

• Beastway2 (Medium).jpg
    Beastway2 (Medium).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,681
  • Beastway (Medium).jpg
    Beastway (Medium).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,681
cchris2lou":1102scpy said:
Just saw the results and cant see Sylvain name on there .
:?

Sylvain emailed me the day before to say that he was feeling tired and wasn't going to race this week.

He hopes to be there on 4th June.

Aaaaah the BMX track at Eastway ... easy to overcook those berms :LOL:

Hey what year was that Madcow?

I'm going next week

You coming Chris :D

ps can I use that second photo?

Back