Corratec 3003 circa 1995-96

fdoc

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Since I left my 1st workplace,the local hospital and began working as a family doctor 14 years ago,I use bicycle as a working/self-transportation tool.
I purchased this one in 1998 at a second-hand bike retailer in Bavaria/Germany, when I was working there.
It was hand-made in the Roseinheim Corratec plant,and almost in factory condition. The frame is absolutely stabil and has perfect geometry,so the riding is smooth&perfect.
The 7-speed Shimano hub-gear gets a thorough greasing regularly so it just does its job after so many miles an years. The only modification was the installation of a Shimano front hub-dynamo with appropriate lights.

Attachments

• DSC03708.JPG
    DSC03708.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 2,613
  • DSC03709.JPG
    DSC03709.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 2,613
  • DSC03710.JPG
    DSC03710.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 2,614
  • DSC03711.JPG
    DSC03711.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 2,613
"new" fork

some further pimp...

Attachments

• AMP F1 b.jpg
    AMP F1 b.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,986
  • AMP F1 a.jpg
    AMP F1 a.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 1,986
Bike looks nice and comfortable to ride...always liked the look of those Amp forks too...

Thanks for sharing mate :)

new brakes

Recent finding: a pair of mint Tektro canties

Attachments

• Tektro 3.JPG
    Tektro 3.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,658
  • Tektro 2.JPG
    Tektro 2.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 1,658
  • Tektro 1.JPG
    Tektro 1.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 1,658
please excuse my ignorance, i have seen other corratecs with curved tubes, but yours look like they sag, is it the pics or are they meant to be like this :? :? :?

you're right

Yes,your're absolutely right.
It is not an image error, this bike has curved tubes,but this is not the "famous" Corratec bow-design. I've seen several other (German)bikes w similar tubes from the same era (the late 90es). When I purchased this,I was told that at Rosenheim-plant these were the hand-made frames :? Maybe not the prettiest ever bike,but nowadays looks quite individual -by my opinion ;)
And this cycle just runs and runs and runs and..... A real technical manifesto of reliability,but not a nice one.

Back