1990 Overbury's Pioneer

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Next to go in my clear-out is my precious 1990 Overbury's Pioneer.
This was a proper find when I bought it 4 years ago.
The previous owner had hardly ridden it, never used it off road, and it was exactly as it left the shop in 1990.
The first thing I did was take it over the Isle of Wight and give it a damn good thrashing :D
I've been selective on when I've ridden this. It's been raced at Mountain Mayhem (on a dry year :shock: ).
It stayed on the roof of the car last year, as I couldn't put the old girl through that mud.
It has picked up a few minor scrapes, but I'm sure those who have seen it will attest to it's excellent condition.
This is an original bike, and hasn't been restored or tampered with in any way. The only minor change I've made is to swap out the black LX canti's for the DX ones shown fitted. I still have the original LX ones in boxes, and they can either be re-fitted before the sale or be sent with the bike.
Even the cables (complete with shop fitted cable ties!) are original.
I even have letters to and from Andy about the spec of the bike, and the original receipt and order form!

It measures up at 16" C to C (but with a sloping top-tube) with a 21" top tube.

CIMG0170.jpg

CIMG0185.jpg

Retrobike sticker gone

Pedals shown in these pics are not included. The bike came without pedals, and I had these fitted for a while but changed to some Tioga Surefoots. These will be included.

£550 posted within the UK. Extra for other locations

biglev":1p6tulbx said:
noooo, shame, i know how much you loved that bike. is it making way a new build?

I'm having a big clear out.
I've decided to get down to having just one retro bike, but one that I've built exactly as I want it.
That's going to be the 88' Pioneer :D

I live in a flat, and the constant shuffling of bikes is a pain in the arse!!

I've seen this and it is a beaut. I've also seen how Mark has to store his bikes, and it is a pain in the arse!

fair enough. sad none the less, but a great bike for some one to get hold of though. shame its not bigger so its fits me :¬) . good luck with the sale bump :¬)

I've seen this bike in the flesh and its a true Bristolian beaut :cool: :cool: :cool: new owner will not be disappointed.

Totally understand the storage problem mate.. I too live in a flat and find myself continuously clambering over bicycles :?

GLWS.. if I had the cash (and room) I'd be en-route to the south coast right now!

Here are some pics I've just taken of the marks to the paintwork...

I'm sure they could be touched in quite nicely, if you were that bothered :D

Back