The HiFi chat, build and modification thread!

Dammit!

Not concentrating on what I was doing, other things on my mind. Managed to connect -15VDC to my headphones (dont ask!)

1 pair of Bose Triports toasted. F**k!

But have you ever managed to grab both sides of a live transformer whilst it was plugged in?

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt!

Of course! Who hasn't? It's a rite of passage for all electronics engineers.

Also burned a hole through a thumbnail on the HT Cap of an old CRT telly whilst summer working in my mates brother's telly shop.

Worst of all was touching the output of a Plessey AR15 radar pulse transformer with a screwdriver because I'd been too lazy to find an insulated one to adjust something. Seem to recall that was 9kV, which left me dazed with a bruise up my right arm, though it was never as scary as climbing up the back of the antenna reflector to change the anti-collision lights at the top of the tower - that used to properly sh*t me up! :D

Luckily I'd learned to work with my left hand in my pocket - as taught to all HV electronics folk - or I might not be here telling the story. :D

i used to do static powder coating........i don't advise touching the thing your about to coat and pulling the trigger on the gun at the same time.......only did it once.......bbbrrrrddd...

Just need to fit connectors and power switch to back panel, and the headphone amp is ready to go. Knob is home made t'other day when I felt like lathe'ing' for a bit. Will probably fit a slightly smaller aluminium one.

DSCF0197_zps46053042.jpg

DSCF0196_zpsfdcedb77.jpg

big knobs are good for headphone amps.................as having volume just right is more important for headphone listening it seems...........whats inside ? :?:

Back