Raleigh RSP Titanium

Ill probably start a build thread, thanks . As I haven't done a build thread before. I really love the look of your bike. Great choices all round! What's difference between the pace rc36 pro class you have and the ordinary rc36 or rc36 Evo or Evo III?

ibbz":1dhjq1i3 said:
What's difference between the pace rc36 pro class you have and the ordinary rc36 or rc36 Evo or Evo III?

Same as the 1st gen RC36's except for titanium nitride coated stanchions and carbon braces I think. Later versions had magnesium braces and then disc mounts - not sure about the internal differences on later versions.

http://www.goatsurfer.com/pace_forks.html

quick Q. what size front mech please? (clamp size)

cheers man, I haven't got a proper measuring caliper or whatever. (Mines an RSP Ti from 1999 so I guess its same tube )

Thanks for your Help man, and your Bike, which inspired my own build.

Here she is (unfinished but nearly there)

And the Build;

bike.jpg

A question mate (still building my bike)

What does your weight please?

Mine's a bit heavy and porky, so wanted some weight loss advice :)

So I've made a few changes over the last few months; I've fitted the Pace stem that was on my now departed RC300 and a M953 front mech with the correct clamp was eventually sourced after about 5 months of searching, but the biggest change has been swapping the Hope / Mavic wheels and IRC tyres for a pair of 1st gen Crossmax's and more modern Panaracer rubber. The new wheels are roughly half a pound lighter and noticeably faster so certainly an upgrade in performance terms and I'm probably doing mostly road miles on this bike too so they should be plenty strong. With regards to the tyres, most on here would probably keep the IRC amber walls and I liked the look of them too but Fire XC's blow them out of the water when it comes to grip in all conditions. Besides, I've always preferred the look of black walls...

As far as future changes go, I'm still searching for wider ti bars than the 540mm X-Lite one's and the red ano bb cups really need to be stripped and re-anodised in black, silver or gold, but since fitting the new wheels and tyres I can't stop thinking how good it would look with the black RaceFace Turbines I sold a few months ago :facepalm: . TBC...

And some pics -

P1030807_zpsef0afe14.jpg

P1030804_zps63af018a.jpg

P1030797_zps39ae1d4f.jpg

:D

Man that's coming along wonderfully
Very modern and fresh yet elegant classic lines.
Stem and especially the wheels work really well!

That is a really nice build, black wheels on black rims make the frame and forks stand out.
That is a great touch with the gold chain, what is the make and model?

Congratulations :)

Back