ferrus":333b3fxb said:
Lucky git!

The stories I could tell.....

gg01.jpg

ferrus":ihj0nkdf said:
Yep. Just don't tell me you ever saw Holdsworth with Gong :evil:

Who?

B70CA982-6A1D-4183-AF96-EF9823A10981-512-000000493E6DC355.jpg

If they had ever played here, I would have seen them. I'm surprised half the bands I like were able to make the trip over here with the logistics vs. the limited commercial appeal (read: zero airplay).

great stuff, Gazeuse is one of my favorite albums - Mireille is just beautiful ..the amount of Jazz-heads who've been blown away when I've played that. Love Expresso 11 and Shamal too.

highlandsflyer":28luzb1f said:
I was at Treworgey in 89 when Hawkwind came on in the middle of the night in the mist with the laser show. Nothing tops that.

Never seen them myself and don't know much about them really, but lots of friends used to be into 'em. I can imagine the lazer show in the mist(s) :cool:

I used to know guitarist Jerry quite well when he played with Tubilah Dog in Coventry. Had a jam with him once, but I was really crap then! He was an occasional gardener for my dad - always on the weed :)
Lovely bloke.

Luckily Pete's not adverse to packing his suitcase and his keyboard then hitting the pubs here in NA. Took this shot from the dining room balcony overlooking the bar in a pub about 5 minutes from my house ('0:cool:.

pH.png

highlandsflyer":2zo11phe said:
I was at Treworgey in 89 .
Treworgey Tree Festival, or something like that? Was that a one off event? ..now you mention it, I think a bunch of college or hippy mates went.

FMJ":2rjexkjc said:
Wee bairns, all of you. :D

JT_zps3a307c46.jpg
Classic Too Old to Rock and Roll era.

Did you know Anderson wrote Too Old... as a musical for Adam Faith. He was commissioned to do it but Faith pulled out so Anderson turned it into an album instead. Some superbly chunky blues-rock riffs, and Anderson's vocals arguably at their peak.

Back