Personal Unicorn bikes (What's yours?)

Got one of mine (the Raleigh Team), but am still keeping an eye out for a Muddyfox Prestige Pro or Comp.

Carl.

Mine would be Steve Peats Kona Hei Hei which he keeps in his loft. So one day i hope to build a replica of it,unless he would like me to look after it for him :)

Would have to be a Slingshot which i have lusted after since the 80's after a test on the Bmx version in one of the mags.
Also a mid 90's DeKerf generation with matching Judys in emerald green.

1992 Mongoose IBOC Team. I had one BITD and as soon as I realised there was a 'retro' movement I knew I needed to get another one; sadly my own one had been broken and sent to landfill by the next custodian. As it turns out, they seem to be about as rare as rocking horse poo. So I've looked for one since the mid 2000s with no success until very recently and hopefully will tee up purchasing this exact bike very soon.

4024026350_24b1a0d8bc_b.jpg

My other unicorn was an LTS-DH with a DHO, and I ended up outdoing myself in acquiring an STS-DH kit instead.

I think I'm down to unicorn parts now - sounds like something you'd buy in a Bangkok market - like hard-ano or ceramic rims from Mavic and Araya, unmarked M900 cranks, Formula Evoluzione brakeset, mid-range vetta tt saddle and GT bar for my LTS-2 etc

Circa 1990 Yeti Fro. But I'd probably hate it if I built it up with a long stem, narrow bar (or drops!), etc, so I'd probably gain instant hatred on here and buy a size too small, and stick a shortish stem and risers on it, singlespeed it and have it for messing about on the streets and cruising about on.

There are a few I always wanted and hopefully one day will fill the garage...but the most I wanted was a GT Xizang, and now have one, and it is every bit of what I dreamed, too bad the rider is crap.

Once I got my unicorn(bontrager factory single speed), I had to find another bike to chase

That's the fun part of this game

Mongoose amplifier (owned, with an f4 dh fork)
Mongoose iboc team, Just bought, on its way in the mail :)
Muddy fox alu pro (bubblegum pink)

Back