Going out on a limb here.

Dammit History Man. I am very pained by having to agree that Bursting Out is probably the best live album of any band, ever.

I love Stormwatch Highlands Flyer. Make me think of my island roots, which I probably appreciate all the more because they're so fleeting!

Alternating between QoTSA' s New album and Heavy Horses at the moment. Stormwatch is an album to savour as Autumn succumbs to winter, and memories of the Simmer Dim fade.

I have never been to the Simmer Dim bike thing, but remember being out playing in the sand pit opposite the Queens Hotel in Lerwick in the middle of the night one year on the longest night. We never had a curfew as kids up there, we would be out and about at all hours!

Bursting Out is an incredible album. I don't think I can think of a better live album, though Live At Leeds is different rather than worse.

It is nice to have something in common, I reckon Tull is perfect biking music!

001z.jpg

I've never listened to Jethro Tull, I was brought up on the Stones followed by The Jam, Sex Pistols, Siouxsie And The Banshees and that kind of stuff, but I, although I new of them at some point, can't remember actually hearing them, might have if they were ever in the Festive Fifty?

Alison

The History Man":3uck2kiz said:
Steve Earle on here at present. Shut up and die like an aviator.

Townes Van Zandt was a regular player at my old haunt the Weaver's Arms.

Steve has said a word or two about him in the past!

"Townes van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that."

Isaac_AG":2vizzg5n said:
I've never listened to Jethro Tull, I was brought up on the Stones followed by The Jam, Sex Pistols, Siouxsie And The Banshees and that kind of stuff, but I, although I new of them at some point, can't remember actually hearing them, might have if they were ever in the Festive Fifty?

Alison

Solstice Bells was often played at Christmas on the radio!

Living In The Past was played fairly often as well as I recall.

:)

highlandsflyer":31jw24yr said:
Townes Van Zandt was a regular player at my old haunt the Weaver's Arms.

Steve has said a word or two about him in the past!

"Townes van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that."

To be fair Steve Earle did do a lot of drugs. As I know from personal experience to my regret.

Last guy I saw was Alejandro Escovedo (and Dave Pulkingham) last year. Don't get out much these days. Can recommend him though.

I do believe the good Lord God, AKA Ian Anderson, owns several vintage trail motorbikes, and has never taken his driving test.

Don't get me misty eyed for Lerwick. Assuming Mrs Chopper is in a period of remission we'll be touring their again by bike next spring. She'll have been settled into retirement for a few months by then and I can check out the job and property situation at close quarters.

I'll be riding my almost finished Saracen expedition bike, and the iPhone will give me a backing track of Songs From the Wood a I plod towards the Unst ferry.

Bliss...

highlandsflyer":3e8ebik2 said:
Isaac_AG":3e8ebik2 said:

Alison

Solstice Bells was often played at Christmas on the radio!

Living In The Past was played fairly often as well as I recall.

:)

I sometimes hear bouree used as backing on the tv.

Back