Going out on a limb here.

The first thing I screen printed was a Jethro Tull T-Shirt, bright yellow with a self styled Jethro Tull logo. Then wore it to a Tull gig. Hilariously, numerous audience members were calling out, "C'mon Jethro!", when they saw the guitar roadie out on stage setting up Anderson's acoustic stand.

Broadsword and the Beast tour, he had a huge polystyrene sword he strode out in his tights and codpiece and waved over us.

Not phallic at all.

:)

I got my hair cut by Barriemore Barlow's wife once. Ex neighbours of one of my childhood friends.

Seen Tull a few times, and have been lucky to be in the pub a few times when Anderson did a wee session.

The thing about Tull is they could all play excellently but were also showmen. A lot of Prog/Fol Rock bands were less than energetic on stage.

They were also a stunningly great blues band back in the early days, when Abrahams was in.

My favourite album overall is Songs From The Wood. Heavy Horses is up there too. Thick As A Brick. Oh, I give up I love all the pre 80s stuff equally!

It is amazing how much quality music came from England in the 60s and 70s. Truly a golden age!

This Was and Stand Up are favourites now, but I was born in 68 so the late seventies albums were 'current' in my Radio Luxembourg listening era, (I built my own radio from a kit at 9). Half the night I would have my earphones in listening to all the music of the day, and when Bursting Out came out it got a lot of radio play. I was totally hooked on Tull and started buying the vinyl, people at school started calling me Jethro by the time I was 12!

Forgive me taking this off topic, but The Tull are worth it. My big brother came home on leave in the 80's with Broadsword on cassette and I was instantly hooked. Within a few months I had every album, saw then for the first time in 89 just after finishing my Cyprus tour, seen them 4 times since. Kind of lost interest in the late 90s, not helped by a very intolerant ex wife. Last year got back into it,.ordered the new CDs I'd missed or lost, and got tickets to see Ian Anderson plating TAAB2 later this year.

Minstrel is my favourite, closely followed by Stormwatch, and We Used to Know is my favourite track, mainly for Barres electrifying blues guitar solo at the end.

Used to live near Mick Abrams in Milton Keynes and was on a nodding acquaintance with him, use to see him playing the playing the bars in MK a lot , but well impressed by THF having his hair cut by Barrymore Barlows missus - that makes him almost rock royalty.

It is the solemn duty of every right thinking Scotsman, even if I only just count as one by an accident of birth, the be a fan of Tull and Anderson.

Not much older than you but was exposed via older cool cousins in 70s. Last one i bought was crest of a knave. Loved thick as a brick and played bursting out to death.

It is the height of coolness to buy an estate on Skye and run a fish farm.

Moments of Stormwatch are very pleasant indeed.

Found the set list for my first Tull gig very easily!

Inverness Ice Rink , 1982 19th May

Intro
The Clasp
Hunting Girl
Fallen On Hard Times
Pussy Willow
Broadsword
Jack-In-The-Green
Seal Driver
Heavy Horses
Weathercock
Fire At Midnight
Flute Solo / Improvisation
Keyboard / Drum Solo
Sweet Dream
Songs From The Wood
Watching Me, Watching You
The Swirling Pit
Pibroch / Black Satin Dancer instrumental
Beastie
Too Old To Rock'N'Roll:Too Young To Die
Aqualung
Minstrel In The Gallery
Locomotive Breath
Black Sunday Instrumental Finale
Cheerio

highlandsflyer":2opfjiiy said:
I got my hair cut by Barriemore Barlow's wife once. Ex neighbours of one of my childhood friends.

Seen Tull a few times, and have been lucky to be in the pub a few times when Anderson did a wee session.

I hope that was in the toilets!!! :?

Back