Personal Unicorn bikes (What's yours?)

I'd sell my soul for the Paretich Axis Ti Cruiser. Doubt I'd even be able to afford the awesome handlebars though!

Realised my dream a few weekends ago.

DSC01778.jpg

Build thread

Chopper1192":2vylezgi said:
I dunno. A lot of the bikes from BITD that were lusted and masturbated over we're actually pretty crap. Most of the metal, new or old, that I would like to own was generally widely available and attainable either then or now.

I think a lot of us can relate to that! Nothing wrong, with it, and when my 'Dream' attainable bike (for the 14 year old me) came up for sale, I had to have that too:

SAM_0325.jpg

There are only a few that really stayed with me, the Trek OCLV being another one (being built as we speak :LOL: )

My remaining wishlist... a proper handbuilt steel frame, Yates/Hind/Roberts or similar. Always loved the Beez Neez.

Mine's a Fat Ti. Without doubt my all time
Favourite bike, could never afford it and t has to have Manitou 2s, ano blue ringle stem and hubs....nice.

A 1999 Raleigh DHO in full original spec. Sadly they're made of cheese by downhill standards so not many surviving out there anymore :(

6e86924db5a824a2135b398a04fcf009_zps3d573ac9.jpg

AMP F3. I did have the opportunity to purchase one at the beginning of this year but made the decision not to 'meet my hero' - still wondering if it was the right thing to do.... :?

would be this, absolutely nothing unique or unsual about it, just happens it was the bike i should have purchased. .... and regretted not buying it ....

Attachments

• mt tam.jpg
    mt tam.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 508
Ibis Silk ti or Bow ti - without doubt. There are plenty of others that I'd happily sell my gran for but those two are the ones that would really fit the bill for me on a practical level.

Interesting to see everyone elses by the way - good to see we all have completely different taste!

1992 Gt Tequesta. Never have the money when one comes up. The one in my sig was too small, kept it for ages as a frameset but I couldn't ride it so it had to go.

Back