Retrobike National Series Rd 4: North York Moors ~ 21/07/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Retrobike National Series Rd 4: North York Moors ~ 21/07

I think it's just so that you, and specifically you alone Andy, must endure a lonely 5 mile ride into the depths of the North York Moors National park. (in the rain)

The rest of us will probably car share a lift in to Rosedale or perhaps climb aboard the Retrobike fun bus, laughing and pointing at you as we pass, no doubt fixing another double puncture (in the rain).

I'm coming with DanD for the main Sunday ride.

hope to do both days;but at my age with my lack of fitness
will have to see;
in training now so knocked the kebabs on the head :D after tonight

any123":2oeo4f1f said:
Can someone explain to me why we are camping at cropton making me have to ride 5 miles just to get to the start and not the site in rosedale. Maybe im missing some main point.

Thanks andy

Because the one in Rosedale doesn't have a brewery next to it :cool:

And what Paul said ;) :LOL:

Count me in. Amazing countryside up there and I'll be camping on Saturday night.

It's part of my old stomping ground from BITD. We used to ride a big circle around Levisham and Goathland.

I have some pictures of me and my pals camping in the field next door to the Lion Inn. Back then it was £1.00 to pitch a tent ! I'll post a few pics when I find then and get them scanned in.

I remember us waking in the morning to the sound of shufflings outside the tent, we unzipped the tent to find a sheep standing there, just staring at us, as if it had been stood there for hours waiting to say 'Morning'. Hehe. The sheep hung around for an hour or so and joined us for breakfast, one of them took great delight in licking the bacon pan clean, whilst it was still hot !

Great days.

kaya":26wjne2z said:
FluffyChicken":26wjne2z said:
Well I'm a weekender, we starting Friday night (full weekend?) or is it just the Saturday night ?

As for Rosedale people there is also the Caravan Club site opposite a pub (and next door to the other site)
http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclu ... csid=21993
(which used to be the overflow site for the other caravan/camping site.)

Its just the Saturday night... but there's nothing to stop you starting early ;)

Would they mind (cropton) me and anyone else pitching up the Friday?

Is the campsite 'ours' for the saturday or will some unfortunate family turn up ;)

EDIT/ that should read. Is it booked out to us on the Saturday as a Rally, or just as a normal turn up job. I can ring them about the Friday easily.

FluffyChicken":2ewatsi9 said:
kaya":2ewatsi9 said:
FluffyChicken":2ewatsi9 said:
Well I'm a weekender, we starting Friday night (full weekend?) or is it just the Saturday night ?

As for Rosedale people there is also the Caravan Club site opposite a pub (and next door to the other site)

Its just the Saturday night... but there's nothing to stop you starting early ;)

Is the campsite 'ours' for the saturday or will some unfortunate family turn up ;)

EDIT/ that should read. Is it booked out to us on the Saturday as a Rally, or just as a normal turn up job. I can ring them about the Friday easily.
Yeah, that affects how much racket we can make!

FluffyChicken":1rlztne8 said:
kaya":1rlztne8 said:
FluffyChicken":1rlztne8 said:

Its just booked as a group of us and is not exclusive to us, so there maybe others there as well.

The camp site is £5 per person per nite (it all goes to charity), I can't see any probs with you turning up fri nite.

Give them a bell " Tel: 01751 417 330 "

I might have two more coming from down here, turning up the Sat night as they're riding dalby the Saturday.

Defo in for Sundays ride. still sorting rest of weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back