1991 GT Cyclone - Finished 25/06/13

Re: 1991 GT Cyclone

Hey... Nice Cyclone... it won't be easy to find the decals. Thats why I am so happy to own a nearly-NOS-Cyclone....

The Cyclone-decals are very very sophisticated. Is that the bike kevin was selling it?

Greetings from my Cyclone:

:)

DSC_2290.JPG

sinnerman":3h09e7r8 said:
How is this one coming along....?

Good question - I think I need to give Kevin a call!

I've got all the parts now - full black XT, GT studded saddle, NOS megabites etc.

Finished!!

Kevin Winter has done a super job on the paint, the red is really deep.

I wanted it decaled like the one in the '91 catalogue - without the 'Cyclone' sticker. The decals that I have used are from a '91 Zaskar so not quite right for the Cyclone but close enough for now or until Gil_m gets back on line. I actually really like these as I think they are 'cleaner' and that they suite this build.

Kevin was very impressed with the quality of the fillets on this frame - he reckons that the builder was right up there with the best custom fillet brazers which is nice to know.

The build spec is back XT, Araya rm400 rims, Ritchey Megabite 1.9 and the OE for the year GT/Tioga/AME finishing kit - kept it nice and simple.

Some pics - ride to come soon hopefully :D

Nicest GT ever, in my humble opinion, you lucky chap! Nice colour scheme too. You never see these in the UK.

Nothing wrong with the cable routeing from what I can see....

That's lush mate, proper stunning.

great build and finishing on this one. where did you source the back XT hubs from been looking for one of these for a while?

Latest posts

Back