Personal Unicorn bikes (What's yours?)

dw_uk2000

Retro Guru
Sorry if there is already a tread on this?

Having read a few posts about people's personal unicorn bikes, I was wondering which bike(s) people hope will come up for sale one day or if you own your Unicorn, is it as good as you hoped.

My personal unicorn is a 90 Saracen Trekker in Metallic Pewter, when I was younger and had all the catalogs, this was the bike that always stood out, I thought it looked awesome but could only afford the traverse.

Have never even seen one and only pictures I've found are from the same catalog that I had as a kid.

I am lucky enough to now own most of the bikes I didn't think I'd ever be able to afford BITD, but if there is one bike that I lusted after back then that I would like the chance to own, then it would be the HOTTA, made not far from me.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... ues/mid90/

I've never seen one, and I don't remember seeing a test on one either, but they were a real cutting edge design at the time.

I dunno. A lot of the bikes from BITD that were lusted and masturbated over we're actually pretty crap. Most of the metal, new or old, that I would like to own was generally widely available and attainable either then or now.

The only 2 bikes remaining on my shopping list are a mid 80's MTB - I'm not fussy about any particular brand or
Model so long as its a decent spec, original, with kicked out forks ad long wheel base - and a Guvnor, which my missus is buying me when she retires in a few months.

Already found mine

SDC12218-w1024-h768.jpg

My unicorns were, and still are:

#1 Off Road Toad
#2 Yeti C-26
#3 Merlin

Attachments

• Merlin.jpg
    Merlin.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 982
  • C-26.jpg
    C-26.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 982
  • ORT.jpg
    ORT.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 982
Chopper1192":1wqc6que said:
I dunno. A lot of the bikes from BITD that were lusted and masturbated over we're actually pretty crap.

I agree with this comment, but it doesn't stop me still wanting a Muddy Fox Interactive! :LOL:

Attachments

• MFI2.jpg
    MFI2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 972
Bonty ti lite
Dean ti (91-93 vintage)
Yeti ARC (92-93 vintage)
De Kerf single speed in that awesome pistachio green
That Orange Formula that was in the MBUK summer special - Pwoar!

Probably others i haven't even realised too.
I've managed to get a couple of the other ones i've 'needed'
and found some that i really like that i didn;t realise that i 'needed'.

Some are on their way out - hence my sales at the minute.

Back