Raleigh decal advice

Roadman80

Dirt Disciple
Hello all,

Does anyone know where i can get some decals for a frame i'm restoring,it's a Raleigh 653 frameset from the 1987 frameset catalogue,there are pictures of the frame in the archive on this forum. They're a fairly simple decal,just a sloping Raleigh script in black on a clear background for the seat tube,crossbar and down tube.

H Lloyd have the 653 and the Gerald O Donovan decals but can't see anything in the list that matches the others i need.

Also,does anyone have advice on how to remove the head badge and then re fit it after spraying.

Thanks in advance,Dave.

http://cyclomondo.net/page20.htm

Anything on cyclomondo above?

I'd remove the headbadge from inside the headtube by removing the rivet heads, then fake it by re-attaching using a dab of clear selanat and "fake" rivets.............but that's just me :)

Shaun

Thanks Shaun,i've just been looking on cyclemoto and they do have something very similar,i'll email and ask for dimensions.

I have thought about that with the badge so maybe give that a try.

Thanks,Dave.

Do you mean like this? If so, Nick at H Lloyd knocked me some up recently no problem at all - just email him and he'll sort you out.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 695
Thanks guys,this place is a mine of information. I've cheated a bit with the headbadge,spotted a new one on ebay and bought it,i have not made much of a job of taking the old one off anyway :oops:

I'm going to ring Nick tomorrow and ask him about the decals,see if he'll make me some up if i send pictures and dimensions.

Thanks for the help,Dave.

cant see point of gluing rivits?? just buy size 0 by 3/16th hammer drive screws and file off the backs after tapping them in....can supply these if anyone needs worked countless times when re-fitting Raleigh Chopper headbadges!!!!!
john

j.c the reproman":2secix92 said:
cant see point of gluing rivits?? just buy size 0 by 3/16th hammer drive screws john

The only hammer screws I've seen have a domed top that looks nothing like an original rivet. Fine if you just want to attach a headbadge but if you want something that looks authentic a flat steel spoke head is just about impossible to spot :)

Hi there,

If it's these ones:

and

I can send you the artwork so that you can get a local vinyl cutter to cut them for you. I got these re-drawn when I refurbed one of my Gerald O-Donovan frames last year.

Back