What forks for a pace rc200 f3?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'm trying to have a bit of a clear out and want to ensure I don't get rid of stuff I need for my pace build. I've been buying parts for it for a while and have the choice of 3 pace forks. I plan on running cantis (black nos onza Ho, but could also go champagne xc-pro), so have ruled out the set of rc36 I have, so which would you go for from the following 3:

Tubular brace RC35

CNC brace RC35

Ti stage 2 fettled RC35 MXC

All have been serviced and fettled by fork English (though I've only got one set of elastomers between the two earlier RC35s.

I've also got some chrome RC30s I could run/swap in and out with the earlier RC35s.

The rest of the build will be roughly:

Suntour xc pro mechs and shifters (7 or 8 speed, possibly the funky wishbone ones), xc pro hubs laced to black campag rims, caramba sidewinder cranks in black (silver or gold spider, or even silver crank arms as it goes), black syncros post and stem, maybe bars, though I could run black renthal bars or even Scott at-4s. Black x-lite saddle and last but not least, brake levers could be xc pro or some tec-lites.

Headset either black king threaded or ahead, or xc-pro threaded).

So what started out as fork advice has turned into more of a build advice question in general. What are your opinions?

Oh, not mentioned tyres so any thoughts on tyres to complement the build also appreciated.

Cheers all.

CNC brace RC35, and just change the legs out for the RC30 ones as/when you want to.

Three responses, all different. That's no use to someone as indecisive as me, and why I have so many forks

Back