SWAP 93´Merlin Titanium Frame

wtb_rider

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTY Winner
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hello Folks

i´ll try to swap my Merlin Frame against the next smaller Frame. I guess mine should be a Merlin Size 16,5 and i´d need the 15" than,...thats a bid confusing cause usually i take a 17". My Frame comes like a usual 18" and i hope that a 15" equals a real 16,5 or something.
Take a look and if somebody has the same Problem just the other way arround, contact me.
Mine is in a real fine condition and i would be happy if the swapper is too, otherwise we have to deal a little.

Thanks alot
cheers kay

Hi Kay
wish my Merlin could be of use but it is the larger 19"
Model so not of any use to you.
I did want to ask about the forks on the bike in your pictures.
Are they original to the frame? What forks would be original?
Is there such a thing as an original "Merlin" forks?
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
Lord fOwL

Hi

thanks alot, these are McMahon steel/ titanium Forks, are usaually found on McMahon bikes.
i bought these some time ago here on the forum and thought these would look very fine on the merlin.

There are no such thing like an "original" Merlin fork.
at the time of "TBG" (the bicycle group), Merlin Brodie and Kona, the catalouges (< `90) showed merlins with a kona p2 fork, a little later you could buy a merlin frame with a ritchey logic fork (>`90), and as it was the time the suspension forks where on the market they where shown in the catalogues (>`92) with manitou 2.
so the most "original" fork should be the ritchey!

hope that helpes

My girls frame is unfortunately a 13inch, also looking for a 15, and that fork is just fantastic and it does look good with the frame,
Good luck with your search

je me souviens":3w017gnx said:
My girls frame is unfortunately a 13inch, also looking for a 15, and that fork is just fantastic and it does look good with the frame,
Good luck with your search
if your amie wants to sell... let me know it. ;) really need a rider.

Latest posts

Back