70's Falcon Olympic designed by Ernie Clements

negaultra7

The Number Of The Beast
Hi there ive just bought this 70's Falcon Olympic designed by Ernie Clements

some pictures for you to view comments welcome

..........a true Falcon with absolutely nothing brazed on, not even the little cable stop for the rear mech :) cracking condition, not sure the chrome seat tube decal is original though.

Nice find.

Shaun

Falcon frame numbers were a mystery to me, looks like late 60's early 70's. The brakes look original and should be stamped with a date...

Shaun

Midlife":1q23qcj0 said:
Falcon frame numbers were a mystery to me, looks like late 60's early 70's. The brakes look original and should be stamped with a date...

Shaun

Shaun,

Where on the brakes will the date be stamped?

Neil

Where on the brakes will the date be stamped?

Usually on the backs of the caliper arms. You often have to take the brakes off the bike and then if you manually squidge the caliper together, there's a circular mark on the casting which will tell you the date.

Lovely bike by the way, beautiful colour and just right in terms of spec and conditoin.

Great condition, what a super find. What intrigues me about these Falcons is the full wrap-over seat cluster which is very like the Raleigh/Carlton/BSA version. I've said before about the 'cross fertilisation' between Ernie Clements and Gerald O'Donovan (they both built for each other in busy periods - and I had this confirmed last week by someone definitely in the know) so is this an example of a common design feature betweeen the two?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back