Transition Klunker

that looks feckin awesome fun dude. we really need to see some knarly back end skids that coasters were built for. gauntlet dropped ;)

Help me understand only think I can relate to was a mates bike when I was about 8 that had pedal back brakes that just locked ... How controllable is the breaking?

daj":k0aiwwjf said:
Help me understand only think I can relate to was a mates bike when I was about 8 that had pedal back brakes that just locked ... How controllable is the breaking?

on or off , if you lightly apply the brake it does slow you a little.

Though if your back wheels is off the ground or if the chain comes off , its off. Both these things have happened to me See photo on previous page! :twisted:

If you lower the gearing you'll have to move the crank arms further to engage the brake. Higher gearing gives greater mechanical advantage and engages brake with less crank movement.
I'e tried coaster brakes off road and found making sure pedals in correct plane for braking versus ground clearance a brain pain !
I'd fit a front brake of some kind if I were you, a drum with a motorcycle clutch lever as brake lever if going for the authentic Klunker look ;)

velomaniac":30a03gg7 said:
If you lower the gearing you'll have to move the crank arms further to engage the brake. Higher gearing gives greater mechanical advantage and engages brake with less crank movement.
I'e tried coaster brakes off road and found making sure pedals in correct plane for braking versus ground clearance a brain pain !
I'd fit a front brake of some kind if I were you, a drum with a motorcycle clutch lever as brake lever if going for the authentic Klunker look ;)

I agree, the coaster brake are a nightmare off road, but also part of the charm. For that reason I couldn't fit a front brake

*** also smaller chain ring and a couple of beers= brain fade and more crashes, I can vouch for this :facepalm: ***

Spent all day in 30 degree heat filming a FoD Klunker video,here's a teaser.......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,015
file.php

Quality pic :cool:

Cheers, spent 10 hrs trying not to die on it!!! Finish filming on Monday,great fun to do even if not the same class as the Repack and Transition boys!

Back