Help with a part?

Geoffthechef

Retro Newbie
I have a falcon (That is all i know) And the pedal keeps slipping as the thread has worn out
See picture of bike here..

Can someone point me in the right direction of replacing the part...thanks
Can anyone date the bike?

The chainring is swaged (pressed) onto the crank arm. It looks like the swaging has failed. New chainset time I'm afraid.

Shimano had a "freewheeling" crankset i think ? called positron maybe ? is this one of those , does the missing (from the photo) alloy crankarm have a matching "female" spline pattern that matches the black steel spindle (bottom bracket axle)

Moved to the general road section, until we establish exactly what it is you require.

Your chainset, with missing crank arm I think is Shimano Adamas.

Your pedals slipping may well be due to worn chain and/ or freewheel (new chain on old freewheel is recipe for slippage).

Sorry for being a fool....Here is a picture of the part that is worn...As you can see one is ok..Can someone name the parts please as i am clueless..

Here is the other side of the pedal..It says "one key release" on it

So when i go the local independent bike shop what do i require/ask for?
Or can anyone on here have one or two for sale?
The bike is going to be my garage winter project and i will do a paint job and use decals to restore...
Sorry about the messing about but my wife pinched my camera and went to Canada with it..
I have just got it back from her...Hence new pictures.

Tel":u9lo1rjj said:
Yes they are Shimano Adamas crank arms.
Do i have to replace the whole piece or can i get the part that is worn replaced?
As it looks like the worn part comes out with a tool...

Do you want the good news or the bad?

The good news is that it is very rare.
The bad news is that it is another of Shimano's 'let's try some more built-in obsolescence' games. You will need a new set of cranks and bottom bracket. If you don't have a freewheeling hub you will also need at least a rear freewheel, and possibly a new rear wheel / hub (I am unfamiliar with the exact details of the Positron / AX bits, what I do know is that it ain't compatible with any easily-sourced bits.)

Back