have you ever stolen anything from work?

have you ever stolen anything from work?

• yes

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • no

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • rather not say

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Contract manager of a firm I was working for visited site a couple of days before the Christmas break, he wished us all a merry Christmas and said that they were shutting down for the year so at 4pm pack your kit and we'll see you all in the new year, at 3pm I and a few others found a white envelope tucked under our wiper blades! your services are no longer require!
Well the site engineer was fuming over this and accidently dropped the keys to the storage containers on site and walked off
I had enough kit away to rewire five houses and fit mains powered smoke detectors for another 30 houses :) I made enough to see me through till the middle of march
Another job I got laid off from had a great storeman who was given the task of going through our tool boxes and kit boxes to take back company property, when it came to stripping my van he asked for my car keys? While I was in for my leaving interview he stripped my van and booked all my power tools, leads, pipe vice and conduit dies back into the stores
It al got carried in through the front door and straight out the back door into the boot of my car :) I walked straight onto site a few days later all kitted up and ready to work :)
And then there was the time I spent three day stripping SWA cable only to be told that I wasn't going to get a cut :( needless to say a lot of bright copper cable went missing that week and no matter how many spot checks they did on the gate they never did find out how it was being got off site? They checked the boot, under the rear seat in the glove box..... If they had checked under the bonnet they would have found it coiled up round the engine bay :)
I don't actually steal as such! I only take what I feel I'm owed! Where as I know of people that have taken a lot more than I would have the balls to!

Well when i was an Ops manager for a truck rental company my branch manager gave me the old heav ho as "it's not working out" he had of course let me flog my guts out getting branch debt down from about 50k to a more manageable 5k, fleet servicability up form 46% to 95% and a host of other things that were were both bonused on. Needless to say he though i would continue to flog myself senseless for my notice period AND train my replacement. Took me an afternoon to undo his chances of a bonus and the next day to let the new Op's manager see what he'd been mislead about. (a lot as it seemed) The brucy bonus was the Smart cleaning rep turning up and me maxing out my purchase order on"essential" cleaning and maintenance supplies (the rep helped me put them straight in the boot of my car) the double bubble was my replacement handing his notice in on my last day.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... piece.html

this is not me but happened while I was working there, the amount of suff that people had from that place must make a few boats in itself, everyone was at even the managers, one got caught with a lcd tv stuffed down his jacket. theres a fair few fishing boats in poole with very plush interiors and quite a few kitchens too, I blame the management, there was so many people with a grudge no one cared.
at one point they spent 3 months going through the bins and worked out they were throwing away 1 million in usable parts a month.

My dad worked in security in a brewery for a number of years. The job title was Industrial Policeman as it was much more than the standard low wage security jobs out there and they only employed ex Police or military NCO's and above.

They were pretty much told you can't stop theft in a brewery and their remit was to control it to an acceptable level.

Phoenix engineering in Chard, had/ maybe still have a pilfering budget, which they believe to be cheaper than paying for a) a storeman & b) man hours spent waiting for said storeman!!

I've never had anything useful away from work, but plenty of 'homers' in works time, stealing indirectly I guess. Taking a dump whilst on double time has to be one of the most satisfying experiences!

Not saying anything, but someone I know uses time and resources at Sellafield to restore classic bike parts.

Just the odd pen and notepad for me, and perhaps some drugs. More than twenty years ago though.

I havent stolen as such. more 'accidentally acquired' items. never anything much just the odd small things. got a habit of putting things in my pocket so I dont forget where I put them (I can lose something in 3 seconds flat :LOL: )

well as it turns out I forget about them still and find them at a later date. :roll: my memory is like a sieve sometimes haha

mind you, you wouldnt believe how useful some of the odd screws, nuts and bolts have been, have helped many a project.

batterys, insulation tape, sockets sets, spanners, sand and stone, cement, oil, diesel, petrol, brass fittings, torches, shovels, overalls, boots, gloves, a computer monitor and a shed are some of the things i have stolen from work. i have changed career now though and theres nothing to pinch! unless i can hide a truck in my pocket? :D

Latest posts

Back