SW Retro Ride - Sunday 7th July - Cardinham Woods, Bodmin

Re: SW Retro Ride - Sunday 7th July - Cardinham Woods, Bodmi

I imagine a 10.30 start? Unless anyone wants it later?

10.30 is good for me

What's the plan, a lap of the blue route or just a hack about?

I haven't had a chance to visit yet, so if someone has been they could give us an idea of route length/time?
As far as I am aware there's a blue and red, so try both?

bren":vpc2gl2k said:
Suits me.

6869905599_f7827b2079_o.png

Never been before but I'm up for whatever. You boys can have a cuppa first to give me a head start :LOL:

Doubt I'll be able to go but have fun guys. Probably for the better, I doubt I'll be fit enough to do that yet :LOL: need to get some more riding hours in first I think .

been meaning to go cardinham for a while but not driving and no lifts makes it a bit difficult. will be up there sooner or later though definitely. got a mate who's always there so will ask him what hes doing as expect he'd love to do it.

MarinMartin":jo71gbhi said:
Doubt I'll be able to go but have fun guys. Probably for the better, I doubt I'll be fit enough to do that yet :LOL: need to get some more riding hours in first I think .

been meaning to go cardinham for a while but not driving and no lifts makes it a bit difficult. will be up there sooner or later though definitely. got a mate who's always there so will ask him what hes doing as expect he'd love to do it.

Trust me, fitness will not be an issue :LOL:

Where abouts are you?

Really need to get my van on the road, room enough for 4 bikes and 4 people inside that old beast. As it is, I'll have to carefully pack myself and a bike inside a shitty little civic.

My sisters possibly paying a visit that weekend, ill see if she fancies it too.

And don't worry about fitness levels people!! While I often do a 3mile commute to work, my weekend rides usually involve taking in some scenery, a pub lunch and occasionally a fag break on the way home :LOL:

PS
Not been before either, but according to strava the blue run is between 4.8 and up to 5.7mi with variations and some nutter has done it in 21mins and half an hour respectively. There are loads of variations though, with a lot of people doing a double lap to take in the alternative routes. The red route which includes the ominously named "Hells teeth" being one, gotta try that :)
The red route is a mile or so on its own and steep!

Back