1988 Kona Explosif seatpost

My 95 is a 27.0 not that that will help you since it is an entirely different tube set, Someone on here will know but it is late in the UK.

Thanksfor the reply Spanky here is an interesting difference between your frame and mine. My frame is the same green ( and decals) but isn't Splattered and you have rack braze-ons and I only have fender mounts. The other difference is that my bike is built with mostly XT and Wolber AT 20's not RM 20"s

Interesting,strange why it hasn't got any splatter paint,has it been resprayed in the past?? I know as standard and in the catalogue they came with Deore II groupset & rm20's. It might have been upgraded over the years or have you had it since new? The other one i've seen on here (pic below) has rack braze ons aswell,maybe the ones for the British market were slightly different. Have you any pictures of your Explosif?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 717
No to the respray, since the decals are original. I bought the bike from the original owner.She bought it late 88 and other than tires and saddle it is original. I know these frames were painted by Paul Brodie and that the spec changes as things were available.The spec is more 89 than 88 except for the rims.The bigger curiosity are the lack of rack braze-ons.I will post a picture later today.

It sounds an interesting Explosif,with you saying the original owner having it since late 88 i wonder if its one of the very first they made looking forward to seeing the pictures. Did you say you wanted to sell it to someone who lives in the uk ;) :LOL:

So part of the reason I think this is an inbetween year model is that my 89 buyers guide has xt spec and the 89 model had no rack braze-ons but had a reverse seat clamp....humm

Back