'97 Kona Cinder Cone Frame ALL SOLD NOW

Matthew F

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,

All sold now. Thanks all!

SOLD First up is a '97 Cinder Cone frame in 20". There are quite a lot of scrapes and scratches as demonstrated in the photos and some surface rust exists where paint is missing. There are, however, no dents or dings and the BB threads are in good nick. There is some corrosion on the chain stay bridge which has resulted in a tiny hole in the steel (please see closeup pic for detail). I was riding this up until last month when I stripped it down to harvest the parts for another build, so I can verify that it builds up and rides very nicely! Price is now reduced to £30 which includes the under-BB cable guide and original Kona seat clamp. For an extra £10 I can include a brand new Shimano UN55 bottom bracket (110mm axle).

SOLD Next up is a '93 triple butted P2 (on the left in the photo below). This has a 143mm long, 1 1/8" threaded steerer (would fit an 18" Kona). The steerer tube is stamped "CM/TB", "1993" and "143|402". I measure the a-c length as 402mm, which is interesting as I'd always believed the '93 geometry to call for a 395mm fork. I actually ran this one on a '96 frame and loved the handling! There are numerous scratches and chips (I started cleaning the paintwork up in a couple of places but didn't find a good colour match, hence the undercoat which can be seen in one photo). This fork weighs in at 796g and is for sale for £20.

SOLD Finally I have another P2 fork, again with a 143mm long 1 1/8" threaded steerer, but this time of the '96 plain gauge vareity (the one on the right in the photo above. The paintwork is a bit scratched as can be seen in the photos. This one weighs in at 959g and is for sale for £10.

Cheers!

Matthew

Re: '97 Kona Cinder Cone and two sets of P2s

Both forks are now provisionally spoken for, the frame is still available.

Matthew

Re: '97 Kona Cinder Cone and two sets of P2s

Both forks are now sold. Price drop on the frame!

Cheers,

Matthew

Latest posts

Back