The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect the singletrack would go for £100 to 150 on Ebay. Sometimes it's better to split the bike up for parts and sometimes it's best to sell them whole. I think you'll get most by selling a whole bike, especially if it's pretty original.

markwashington":iu45qcbx said:
I suspect the singletrack would go for £100 to 150 on Ebay. Sometimes it's better to split the bike up for parts and sometimes it's best to sell them whole. I think you'll get most by selling a whole bike, especially if it's pretty original.

Agreed with the above, if you have the time/facilities/skills/tools, split the 990 up

The Trek brand hurts prices and some of the parts look nice

The road frame is hard to gauge as it is quite pioneering, but again is by Trek
Could be anywhere from as low as £150 up to (very, very maybe) £300 with a following wind?

Whack 'em on Ebay and see what happens, no-ones retiring on this lot and the punters on the bay will tell you what they're worth

hence my previous comment - I wasn't actually taking the p*ss (not much anyway)

bigstudent":yu8cz1py said:
Hi all, I had this in my garage for the past 4 years and before that my mum had it in her cellar. All I know its F Moser bike with Shimano LX Exage 500 LX components.
Can anyone tell me more about the bike and the approximate value?

Many Thanks

thats a respray (theres still paint on the bottom part of the headset) and as far as I'm aware, Moser never put his name to early 1990's MTB's.

As for value, probably £40 - £65 depending on frame material and component condition. The all aluminium 500LX chainsets still fetch a bit despite the rings being made of cheese.

I'm sure you guys get fed up with this but...

I've acquired some look suspension forks which look similar to the old girvin ones - I know pretty much nothing about them but they look brand new and are boxed with a v and disc mounts which can be bolted on - does anyone know anything about them including what they're worth - were they any good and should I fit them on my 95 zaskar Le which is xt spec with Magura rim brakes....?

All comments and suggestions welcome! :)

Steelriding":28hrvpsy said:
I'm sure you guys get fed up with this but...

I've acquired some look suspension forks which look similar to the old girvin ones - I know pretty much nothing about them but they look brand new and are boxed with a v and disc mounts which can be bolted on - does anyone know anything about them including what they're worth - were they any good and should I fit them on my 95 zaskar Le which is xt spec with Magura rim brakes....?

All comments and suggestions welcome! :)

Not at all! Welcome to RB (cool username BTW)

Do you mean these?:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65903

If so that's good news for you

Hotwheels.":2eumrz17 said:
How much would you lot say these are worth please?
1991 (zolatone) Marin Palisades, totally original, very light use.
1991 (zolatone) Marin Muirwoods, totally original, very light use (ladies frame)

Cheers :)

If they are in good nick as you say then I would say £100-£120 for the Palisades and £80-£100 for the Muirwoods... There has been a very good condition Palisades trying to be sold for £175 on ebay for months and I once saw a very good condition Muirwoods not sell for the £200 asking price!!

You never know as the zolatone models command the best prices If you got someone that really wants them you may get more.

Doug

Thanks for the find! Yeah that's the ones - not retro as such but I'm building a 2003 "European" based Bianchi hard tail so they may find their way onto that :) I think tey are xl though so given I'm only 5ft 8 it could make an interesting looking bike :-/ thanks for the help!

Steelriding":3s1c7idm said:
Thanks for the find! Yeah that's the ones - not retro as such but I'm building a 2003 "European" based Bianchi hard tail so they may find their way onto that :) I think tey are xl though so given I'm only 5ft 8 it could make an interesting looking bike :-/ thanks for the help!

I'm not sure when they were available - Perhaps someone can chip in with that?

But they certainly could be 'retro' '97 or before

Here's more on them they are actually called 'Fournales'

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=137335&start=30

They look really, really cool

My 21" 1993 Peugeot T1000L 'Grisley' is just too big for me, so I have to sell it and get something a bit more boring.

I don't know if I should sell it whole, or if I should split it. Most of the components aren't original, so I don't think it's too big a deal if it's split up. I just wonder if people are more likely to buy it built?

The frame's got a few scrapes here and there, and it's missing some decals, so it's not exactly immaculate. Anyone got any ideas on how much it's worth?

(I know the seat angle is ludicrous - that's what it was set to when I bought it. The tyres were also on backwards. :p)
Flickr set: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjFW3ao2

Kalloy Uno handlebar
X-Lite anodized red brake levers
Shimano Deore shifters
Ritchey Force 1" 125mm quill stem
Shimano Deore XT headset
Ritchey Logic cantilever brakes
Mavic M231 rims
Shimano Deore LX hubs
Nokia tyres. Can't remember the model/measurements.
Shimano Deore XT front mech
Shimano Deore chainset
Shimano Deore rear mech
9 speed cassette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back