Olympic Gold, US Open, Wimbledon and now the US Open Again!

Re: Andy Murray

There is a documentary about him on tonight. He seems to be more relaxed these days, and day I say smiling a little more?

Whether that is a good thing or not I have no idea.

My interest in the ladies is certainly on the rise thanks to one or two decent Brits.

Henman Hill or Murray Mound? I wonder if that will ever be settled.

highlandsflyer":2sialb7o said:
My interest in the ladies is certainly on the rise thanks to one or two decent Brits.

Childishly, that made me smile.

Sadly no room for characters any more. Ivanisevic was possibly the last in my view.

ededwards":3vtnq12z said:
highlandsflyer":3vtnq12z said:

Childishly, that made me smile.

I try my best. Subtly.

The trash talking between Sharapova and Williams is adding a frisson of excitement to any potential meeting too.

Williams overwhelming favourite despite the close rankings.

The prospect of them ending their match wrestling on the grass in those skimpy outfits is mouth watering.

Got to spend the whole fortnight at Wimbledon last year, and even got paid for it... :D

Sharapova being the face of Evian there were larger than life posters plastered all over the place; couldn't compare with standing face to face with her as she left the practice court though...

...man! She's taller than me! The photo's don't do her justice! :oops: :D

Oh yeah, and Murray's a really nice guy...:cool:

I was rather drunk by the time it was on, but even with my critical faculties hampered it was a little sappy for me.

Wish they hadn't done that bit about Dunblane.

I also think he needs to read up on anthropomorphism. Those dogs don't have a clue Andy, talk to a counsellor.

Only way I can aproach Wimbledon with Andy Murray in it is to believe he has no chance and will never win it. Consequently if he does I can be pleased but if he doesn't I wont feel sad. The more hype surrounds someone the more likely they wont live up to it :roll:

It is the hype I really detest. We had years of it with Henman and now they all moved all that over to Murray. He has pointed out he may never win Wimbledon, and neither did Lendl. It is not the only tennis championship. The really impressive aspect to Murray is his consistency. That is the big change. He may not win another slam, but he puts himself in with a chance whenever he is fit enough.

As someone mentioned before as well, we cannot presume Federer retiring will be a key to further success for Murray, it is possible another Djokovic is waiting in the wings to storm the top ten.

Back