Is this a Team Marin?

Westfailure":1xvfffp7 said:
wookiee":1xvfffp7 said:
Westfailure":1xvfffp7 said:
He's not that flexible Doug. It may be the fact we are communicating via Google Translator but he doesn't seem interested.

Trying to convince my wife that Frankfurt is a very up and coming short breaks destination. Not sure I can convince her before the auction ends at 9 o'clock though.

Oh mate thats a shame I too have tried to get German sellers to send stuff to the uk and struggled with even a rear mech and bar ends! I gotta stop looking at it as I really like it too!

No German retrobiker near Frankfurt!!??

Yep. Gutted. Always hankered after a Zolatone Team. Accepting i m probably not going to get a decent one (unless I get mentioned in your Will) then I figured this was as close as I would get.

Juice (Adam) on here is in Germany but 400kms away so not in a position to help.

Retro is fairly big in Germany so this may well go for silly money and that will make me feel a lot better.

Trying to convince myself that a 1000mile round trip in the car is both feasible and worth it.

Got nowhere to put the bike anyway.......so I keep telling myself.

I'll write you into my will!...if you write me into yours to take all your Marins!!! Muuuuhahaha! Yeah a 1000 mile trip is a bit excessive... You'll have to check my Team in the flesh sometime maybe a ride whilst the weather is good!!! :LOL:

Sounds good to me. Took the new PM out at Swinley today. It rides lke a brand new bike, even felt a little tight.

The trouble is i was really nervous of scratching or chipping it. I think it will end up on the office wall

Westfailure":vke9r0dc said:
Sounds good to me. Took the new PM out at Swinley today. It rides lke a brand new bike, even felt a little tight.

The trouble is i was really nervous of scratching or chipping it. I think it will end up on the office wall

Well as you have 2 :shock: then one for riding one for keeps is fair enough!

It seems this bike is in nice condition but even if you think otherwise these really do come up from time to time. It is not the last one of its kind. It is beautiful but it is not worth the hassle. Just be patient and you will find another one.
By the way my Muirwoods which is from the same year as this Team was sold at what i think was the right price at about 80€ if i remember correctly and that was shipped from the UK to Germany. The Team is of course the better bike and even if some chaps might want to kill me for saying the following but 350€ is double the amount which this thing is really worth. I love Marins and one reason why i love them is because there are no where near the crazy prices that some hand made US bikes go for these days. Stay patient and you will get a Team frame for 100€. For real. Really real.

My guess why there are no Retrobikers around Frankfurt is because they have no real Mountains around that area.

juice":9v7onylb said:
It seems this bike is in nice condition but even if you think otherwise these really do come up from time to time. It is not the last one of its kind. It is beautiful but it is not worth the hassle. Just be patient and you will find another one.
By the way my Muirwoods which is from the same year as this Team was sold at what i think was the right price at about 80€ if i remember correctly and that was shipped from the UK to Germany. The Team is of course the better bike and even if some chaps might want to kill me for saying the following but 350€ is double the amount which this thing is really worth. I love Marins and one reason why i love them is because there are no where near the crazy prices that some hand made US bikes go for these days. Stay patient and you will get a Team frame for 100€. For real. Really real.

My guess why there are no Retrobikers around Frankfurt is because they have no real Mountains around that area.

Hmm to me the start price is about right...£300 for a good condition Team seems fair...admittedly the Zolatone's seem to command higher prices but this is only the 2nd I have seen in this colour and the best condition...put it this way my Team cost me £320! :shock:

The History Man":2vpv3eim said:
So what des FedEx etc cost?

Varies from country to country I had a complete bike sent from italy for £25 but quoted from France £70!? So I would guess at between £50-70...

Back